2014

2014

Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Family Camp-Out

So we went on our first Family of Four Camp-Out. It actually turned out pretty good. We bought a big tent and have been excited to use it ever since - so we decided to go simple the first time out. We choose to go to Rigdway State Park - only about 20 minutes from our home. It was real beautiful. Here are the boys setting up the tent - the tent was bigger than the space designated for the tent that we had to have some of it hang off the edge. It was no problem, though.

This is what we were doing while the "big boys" were hard at work in putting up the tent. Looks pretty fun, huh!














So here is Miles eating his First S'more. He liked it okay, but really all he wanted was the chocolate and marshmellow - he didn't finish the s'more. He just ate lots of mellows and chocolate. I think one of his favorite parts about camping was the food. Says a lot about my home-cookin'! Ha.

The Morning after the nite. So how did it go sleeping in the tent. Well, . . . it went okay. As I have told some people, I have lowered my expectations. Now I say that and it sounds depressing and horrible, but really it's not. Ben says it a much nicer way: I've made more realistic expectations. He's right, too. I had this quote on my fridge for several years - a quote by Pres. Hinckley how life really is just, for most of us, ordinary. Truthfully, I never really liked the quote - I put it up there on the fridge, but I never really liked it. Until now that I see the wisdom in it. Of course now I can't find the quote (it got lost in the move), but I do agree with it. Anyways, since I didn't expect to put my kids down without a fight and to sleep all nite long, the nite went just fine. Jonas went down after a little fight. Miles stayed up with us and then took about 15 min. before he stopped chatting and walking around the tent, etc. It was really cute listening and watching him. Jonas woke up every 2-3 hours and I just nursed him and he would go right back to sleep - I think he was a little cold. We've got some Kamping Kinks that will have to get worked out. But I usually wake up every 2-3 hours anyways when camping, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

No comments: