2014

2014

Friday, July 07, 2006

the Artist and Acrobat



Miles has really been into his chalkboard lately. Now he is actually the one drawing - rather than having everybody else draw what he wants. And this is the style of what he is always drawing these days - I find it fascinating! He used to do just mindless scribbles. While what he draws now still mimics mindless scribble, he definitely has a pattern to what he does. He always makes these little oval-like shapes and then puts all these dots in them. They are usually animals, water animals: squids, star-fish, sting rays, sharks, etc. He is following after his artist forefathers: Great-Grandpa Miles and Great-great Grandpa Works. His imagination has exploded the last couple of weeks. Sometimes it scares me because I'll come in to his room and he'll point up to the ceiling and start talking about the "squids" up there - I, ummmm, hope he really doesn't think he sees them. . .

Next is Jonas, my acrobat. He absolutely loves to get into this position. He does it all day long! He'll get up on all 4s and then do a little "head-stand." I think he'll be doing sommersaults before Miles does! Maybe he's just getting a different perspective of his world. It's really fun and cute to watch him.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Dude.......that is like the coolest position that Jonas is in. I love it. It just looks so....comfortable. Hey, did you get that tent of Miles at IKEA? Well I was there today and I almost bought one just like it because I thought yours was so cool and looked really fun, but then I didn't because we are moving in a month and that is just one more thing to pack. It was only $8. And....I saw a chalk/white board I almost got him too, but......yet again...another thing to move. So we are moving and we might be coming through Colorado! Maybe we can see you!

Kristen said...

My point about the chalk/white board.....after seeing Miles as an artist it makes me want to let Tyler do it too because it looks fun. You are inspiring me Emily. I need to steal other people's ideas to entertain Tyler.

rebecca said...

Jonas is amazing! I can't wait for m to start doing cute tricks like that!

robbinshood said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»