2014

2014

Monday, July 17, 2006

flip-flops

Whoever knows me knows that I love flip-flops. I hardly wear anything else but flip-flops - except for running shoes and another pair of shoes that have no heels and so are pretty similar to flip-flops. But I wear them like all-year round and I think they are the greatest. I'm in desperate need of some new ones, though (it's been like 1 1/2 years!!!!). Anyways, I've always wanted to get Miles a pair of flip-flops - not sandals, but true blue flip-flops. So I've tried once before at Old Navy and it didn't work out. And then I found some super cute ones at Walmart on Saturday. They didn't work out and so today Miles, Jonas, and I went back to try a bigger size. But they didn't work out. Now why are they not working out? I mean, come on, he is my son - he's got to wear flip-flops! But alas, he is maybe too much my son and too much my DAD's grandson. His feet are just too SQUARE and WIDE. Sound familiar dad???? The poor lad can't squeeze his feet under the straps. Does it make Miles sad? No. Does it make me sad. YES. I just really want to share the joys of flip-flops with my boys. :) But now he is probably traumatized by flip-flops and his mom trying her darndest to squeeze his fat feet into them! Haha. Miles didn't really like that - until the flip-flops starting talking"flip-flop" (via mom) and then it was pretty cool. But I'm just bummed. Maybe my sis and I will have to make up our own stretchy pair of flip-flops for square-footed toddlers who have flip-flop-loving mommies. . .

No comments: