2014

2014

Friday, July 14, 2006

garage sales


So I do like to go to garage sales. I'm not sure if it is because I am my mother's child (she is CrAzY about garage sales!!!!) or because I really don't have a lot of money and yet like to buy things. Who knows? I usually don't drive or go to them all that often, but if I pass one by I will eye it over. But today there were 2 garage sales 3 houses down from mine, so we took a stroll to check them out.

At the first one I bought that wooden ladder that Jonas is standing on (by the way - Jonas does very well with standing. He loves it! He doesn't yet crawl but does the "worm" or whatever you want to call it. He gets around with not much difficulty. He can also pretty much sit up by himself for long periods of time now. A whole new world is opening up to him - how fun! And his little left bottom tooth is palpable (a nice nursing term for "feel-able" or something like that)) Anyways. . . I am not sure what I am going to do with the ladder - well I do know I will sand it and then paint it, but then I'm not sure. Plant holder? Something in the kitchen? I don't know but it was only $2 - and the nice old man that sold it to me walked it across the street for me.

We went to 2 garage sales and I let Miles pick out 1 thing at each one - wow, do I ever spoil him. He was SO EXCITED at the garage sales and several elderly women commented on how fun it was to just watch him run from one box of toys to the other. He was telling me, "Miles EXcited!!!" It was real cute. So at the first one there was this little box with about 5 or so cute little animals that Miles really liked. But when I told him he could pick out one that we could take home with us, he picks this weirdo, random thing that I honestly have no idea what it is for!? It is some kind of foamy flower - I think some lady there mentioned it is for cleaning glass? Whatever, we came home and "potted" it in a flower pot. At the next garage sale they had all sorts of toys - they had these big trucks (which he LOVED) but they were like $7 and I wasn't going to spend that much. So then we looked around and he found this some old airplane. So those are the toys Miles ended up with. Oh, and I got them both for free. I think I've figured out that I can get good deals garage sale-ing when I take my cute boys with me. :)

1 comment:

ddumping said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»