2014

2014

Sunday, July 23, 2006

How Does Your Garden Grow
















So here is our garden - about 1 1/2 months after planting. We're pretty excited with how things are growing - we've gotten a lot of peppers already and have grilled them. We've also used a lot of the cilantro (in our yummy shoepeg corn salsa) and basil (to make pesto pizza and pasta stuff). The other stuff is ripening and hopefully we can eat it soon.

So I survived 2 back-to-back working nites - Friday and Saturday. It's been a while since I've done nights - before Miles was even thought of. Wow. It went okay and I got some rest on Saturday and Sunday - in between Jonas feedings, Miles opening up the bedroom door, screams, etc. I was pretty jealous when the other nurses talked about sleeping from 8am-4:30pm on Saturday. What?! I would LOVE to have that much sleep during the night-time, let alone after working a night shift. But whatever. We actually had 2 very slow nites and I hope that doesn't continue! I need some excitement to keep from thinking, "Only 6 more hours until I can go to sleep, Only 5 more hours until I can go to sleep, Only 4. . ." Okay you get the idea. But really it went just fine and the kids did fine. But I realize I don't really want to do med/surg type stuff anymore - I'm ready for a change. Something like ICU, Kristen???? But that intimidates me because I don't remember much about ICPs, art. lines, vents, etc. But we'll see. I'm obviously not looking to change right away since I just started on the med-surg floor, but maybe come the next year I'll look at doing something different.

Anyways, this is kind of a boring post. I'm putting myself to sleep as I am reading it. Gosh. What can I say to make it more exciting? Nothing - cuz nothing exciting is happening. Miles is sleeping. Jonas is sleeping. And, yep, there is Ben "reading" - with his scriptures opened and his eyes closed. He's pretty amazing like that.

So bye.

6 comments:

erin malia said...

i am soooooo impressed! I had no idea it was that large. How fun for you guys.

Niederfam said...

Ummm.....WOW!! I am equally impressed with the size of the garden as well as your ability to actually USE the items in it!! I've got a lot to learn!!!

Kristen said...

All I have to say......go ICU. Remember the glory days Emily? Just remember those days, dressed in white, ventilators, drips, sedation, machines........Yes, we had good times. It's in your blood. I know it. Again.....go ICU then we ARE completely twins.

Daniel, Katie, & Ava said...

It is good to see that you are all doing so well. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you in August. We will definitely have to get together while we are home. Until then...
Love ~ Daniel, Katie, and Ava

Daniel, Katie, & Ava said...

It looks like Maxwell's Mowing doesn't just specialize in lawn care anymore. Those were good times. See you guys soon.

dronbyfoto said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested