2014

2014

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Orientation

So I have had a somewhat busier and somewhat slower week this week. I've had hospital orientation so that I can start working on the Med/Surg floor one nite a week. The hospital orientation is a must for all employees - food services, secretarial, nursing staff, etc. This is the 4th hospital orientation I have gone to - and I have to say if you've been to one you've been to them all. They are all the same. Also, I have to say if you've been to one, that is one too many! Gosh, are they SO BORING. I just about can't stand them. But the one good thing about Montrose's orientation is that it is only M-Thurs., 8am-12. Wow, usually I am stuck in these things for like the whole week from 8-5. So I give them the thumbs up there! In some ways it's been a nice change of pace compared to being at home watching the kiddos all day (I did miss them, though!!!!), but I'd rather my change of pace was something more like hiking in the Tetons. Ahhhh, them were the days. . .

(my sick baby)
So there's got to be something called "Newton's law of mommyhood." It goes something like this: "If mom decides to put a little kink in the schedule by planning something - either recreational or for work - her kids are bound to have something occur to make that kink even bigger." I mean, whenever I plan on doing something, a kid goes and changes his schedule a little bit, decides he wants to yell instead of sleep, gets sick, or something! So I wasn't surprised when Jonas came down with a low-grade fever and increased irritablity, etc. on Sunday. So on Sunday nite I got to stay up for about 4 hours with sick, crying little Jonas. It was sad - for the both of us! But we both survived (although 2 presenters at orientation had to apologize to me for being so boring because I kept yawning! Ha! Of course they were boring, but I think I was more tired than bored). But Jonas is doing much better (although he is waking up a couple of times during the nite - boo-hoo for me! I was getting used to a good 6-hours of consecutive sleep) and I expect his 2 bottom teeth to show up any day now! There is nothing more sweet and precious than holding a sick baby.

So tomorrow is my last day of orientation - yeah! My great mother came out for the first 3 days to babysit and did fabulous. Thanks goodness for a GREAT mother and mother-in-law. They are so wonderful with Miles and Jonas and Miles just talks about them all the time. When they are here Miles could care less where mommy is - makes me sad, but oh well! There was no crying when I left each morning, no "don't go mommy," no running up to mommy to welcome me home. Gosh, maybe I need to tell Miles' wonderful Grandmas to be mean to make me look good. :) Yeah, I don't think it will happen either. Miles, and I, are very lucky.

So Friday nite is the Neighborhood Ice Cream Party. I just have no idea what to expect - we have such a different demographic here in the "downtown" area that I have no idea who will and will not come. But the ice cream did come and that's important! My mom tried a bite of Butter Pecan before she headed off and said it was yummy. We've got 12 cartons in our freezer. It all came when my mom was here and I was off at orientation - I forgot to ask how she kept Miles from not tearing open every carton!

Anyways, that's more than enough for now. I'm sure we'll have some pictures of at least the Maxwells eating some ice cream at the ice cream party!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, so I know I always comment on your blog, but I can't help it. So......I feel bad for you at orientation. Yeah...those things pretty much sucks rocks. I feel your pain and am not looking forward to doing it again in Chicago. And I'm excited for you to go back to work! One night a week is great. I like it at least, but you'll have to tell me how you like it. So that's cool. And....I think the ice cream party is awesome. I wish I was your neighbor to get free ice cream. Lucky neighbors.

newloghere said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

elephantcom said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»