2014

2014

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Provo Half

So here we are finishing up our half-marathon - wahooo! Although you can't really see me, I did run it and I did finish it - promise! My sister and I ran this same race 2 years ago and I think we beat our old time by like 30 seconds. Nice. It was a really awesome race - it's just so beautiful running down the canyon and it's fun to run it with my sis. I loved it. But I also loved the fact that now I am done "training" for it - whoppeee!

Here I am with my "li'l" cheering squad - they were great! My mom, Ben, Miles, and Jonas were all there to greet us at the end. Jonas was real glad to see me. Miles was real glad to eat my pancakes and other "treats." It was a fun morning spent in Provo - after the race Ben and I drove around the campus and our old "stompin' grounds" before heading home. Those were some good days back there in Provo. . .

4 comments:

Niederfam said...

You did it!!! HORRAY! It was fun to see you, brief, a little messy, appetizing, but FUN. Your boys are sure cute and Mitt keeps saying he wants to play with Miles and baby Jonas, so NEXT TIME, we'll have to have another party!

The Crazy Tiltons said...

O.k. Erin is like "Miss Skinny Minny". She looks really good. You also look good and must be just as skinny since I can't see any of you behind her except your hands. Glad it was a good race. I'm working on speed workouts right now. Ran a 7:41 min/mile the other day on the treadmill. That's a definite first.
Glad you had a great time in Provo!

rebecca said...

Good times indeed! Wow, Emily. You are amazing for running that half marathon! Makes me feel a little lazy. So your boys could not be cuter. You don't make it easy for me to ignore the "try again for another boy" voice in my head with those little guys!

erin said...

I'm just checking to see if I can leave comments, even if I'm blocked from editing my own blog. But I'll mention that I do love that pic of you and your cheering section.