2014

2014

Thursday, August 17, 2006



When Jim and Diana came over they took some photos for us. I tried to post a few more, but my computer is just so slow and the connection is not really good - so I didn't. Thanks again, Jim and Diana, for the pictures - we really love them.

Here is an update on the family:

Wilson -- he ran out of food early Sunday and so he is quite hungry.

Jonas (8 months) -- he loves to stand on everything; it's all he wants to do. He still does the "worm" crawl and is quite expert at it. I did see him do a few real actual crawl steps yesterday and today. He has become quite fussy with meal time and nap time - blah! He hates chunky food. At my mom's house he wasn't too excited about it, but at least ate it. Well here I bought some different brand and it is way chunkier - he gags and even barfed once. We've started giving him "cereal puffs" (i.e. expensive cheerios), but he doesn't even try to eat them. When I put them in his mouth, he just either forgets about it or gags. I don't remember Miles being this opposed to food?

Miles (almost 2 1/2)-- he went to nursery yesterday without screaming or crying. We went over to some friends house yesterday and he pushed Luke (2) down twice. He really liked the "sticky popcorn" they had (i.e., caramel popcorn). Today we went to the park and he was climbing the really tall and steep ladder/stairs for the slide - well, ummmm, he fell off about 2/3 of the way up. How do we survive to our 80s???? He cried and cried and got a little bruise on the side of his face - how lucky were we!? I made him go back up - he wouldn't climb, but let me hold him while we went up together. So we slid down the slide and then finished up having a great time at the park. He's got one CrAzY imagination - I LOVE it.

Ben -- did a great job of doing all my "to-do" items when he was here and I was in Utah! He likes to take the 2 boys out in our little bicycle carrier thingy - too bad Miles can't contain himself from picking on Jonas and so they usually have to come back earlier and with a crying Jonas. He absolutely LOVES his job as a nurse and is really excited about the prospect of being a nurse for the next 40 years. Or, ummmm, something not even close to that.

Emily -- is trying to recover from working Friday and Saturday nite and getting sub-optimal sleep on Sat. and Sun. I had a completely confused and mean patient both nites that kept me extremely busy - I am pretty sure he swore at me in his gummy (his dentures were out) Spanish. Whatever. He finally went to sleep after being awake for over 36 hours straight - after I gave him 1 vicodin, 1 ativan, and 10mg ambien (not all at once, mind you - but within 6 hours). That would have made me sleep FOREVER and never wake up again - at least in this world. Anyways, my goal is to have more than ONE girl participate in my YW lessons. Yeah, good luck to me.

Okay, that's it.

1 comment:

Niederfam said...

Two cute little brothers, I LOVE it, and come January I"ll get my own set, right?? :) Wish me luck!!