2014

2014

Thursday, September 14, 2006

keys schmeeze

so my sister brought up a good point in her comment on my last blog: that about me locking myself out ofof the house not too long ago. she's right - i've locked myself out NUMEROUS times in the past year or two. it's rather humiliating, but true - i've probably locked myself (and usually the kids, too!) out of either my car or my house at least a 1/2 dozen times in the past couple years. hmmmmm, what has changed in my life in the past 2 years. exactly - KIDS. i once heard someone comment that she'd lost brain cells with each of her kids. back then i didn't have kids and so i just laughed it off. but now. . .

i have to agree. i've never felt so spacey in my life. old-age ain't lookin' so good for me - neither is having more kids! anyways, enough about me getting stupider. . .

so i just finished watching survivor and i'm so happy it's back on! i really love the show. it's the ONLY show that ben and i watch. it's too bad that ben had to go out on elder quorum visits, but i'll fill him in. so it's kind of early but i'm cheering for the asian team. i just like them - even cao boi ("cowboy"). maybe i'll try that headache thing on my husband sometime - ha! i find the divison of tribes racially interesting. i don't think there is a single thing wrong with it. what i found most interesting in the first episode is stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. but even more interesting is that the white group wasn't stereotyping about the black group or the asian group - each group was stereotyping about themselves. am i making sense (remember the loss of brain cells that have occured)? i just don't think people should get upset over most of the stereotypes that are out there. because, for the most part, they are a pretty accurate representation. anyways, go asians!

so i'll be gone from the blogging/internet world for awhile. we leave tomorrow for yellowstone. we're staying at my folk's house on friday and then head up to yellowstone and will stay there for a week. ben's parents will meet us there. i'm soooooooo excited. it's going to an awesome vacation! we'll be out in the "great outdoors" and it's suppose to be perfect-emily weather -- upper 50s for the high and upper 30s for the low. LOVE IT.

so to all my million adoring fans, you'll have to wait a week or so until i get back from yellowstone - unless, of course, i lose the keys in yellowstone and a buffalo eats them. then you might not hear from me for a little longer. . .

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Dude.....you're missing Survivor? So Survivor is pretty much the only show Chris and I watch too. I think I'm partial to the Hispanic team. I don't think I'm rooting for the Caucasian team. So....I think this season is going to be WAY interesting. I mean, I think Survivor is going to get a lot of HEAT as the episodes go on from people because of the seperations. Race is a sensitive issue with people. As people get voted out and as tribes eventually get abolished, some people will blame it to racism or that this race "isn't as good as" the others or "as athletic as" the others or "as smart as" the others. Stereotyping definitely will play a role too. I just hope that Survivor doesn't get SO much HEAT that it gets bumped off the air. You never know. I don't know if this makes sense, I work nights too remember........

erin said...

pleeeeease come back now. work has been miserable without the 2:30 IM chats! bye.