2014

2014

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Ouray


Today we headed out early to Ouray to get into the beautiful San Juan Mountains. We had a great day. We were actually able to do some real hiking, which doesn't happen too often with 2 little ones. But Miles and Jonas both went in the backpack carriers and did great! Jonas was called a girl twice by fellow hikers - and, noooooo, I didn't dress him up in my cute girl stuff! (But now I'm thinking I might as well since everyone thinks he's a girl. . . Ben wasn't too keen on that idea.) After hiking we went to a park in Ouray and ate our lunch and played around. Although Labor Day weekend is not the official end of summer, we are glad that summer is UNofficially over. Fall is THE BEST. After 4 1/2 years my husband has changed the errors of his way and now declares that fall, too, is his favorite season. (It used to be summer, but I think summer has fallen to maybe 3rd or even 4th on his list. How I married a man who originally claimed summer as his favorite season is beyond me. . . But I'm glad I did)




I know it doesn't look like it from here, but they really did have a good time. Jonas loved pulling at my hat and hair. And Miles kept saying that we were "trying to find Nemo." Needless to say we did not find Nemo in Ouray. Better luck next time, I guess.









This picture really doesn't do the mountains justice - they are so beautiful! This was the same hike that Ben and I did on our 1-year anniversary. A lot has changed since then. . .












Yes, I can see how some people may think my little Jonas is perhaps a girl. . . he's beautiful. (Don't worry Jonas, I'll stop calling you beautiful by the time you go to Kindegarten. By then I'll stick to "handsome.")

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest picture of Jonas. His blue eyes are so "beautiful"! Looks like a party in the mountains for the Maxwells.