2014

2014

Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy October


Yeah! My FAVORITE month has finally arrived! I absolutely love October and am so glad it is here. We got about 12 pumpkins from our little garden and I saw the flower idea in a Martha Stewart. So I used our 2 smallest pumpkins and bought these flowers from Walmart for 25 cents each. (I ignored the lame walmart-worker's comment: "it's kind of late to be buying those," as she just walked on by me. well sure. but they were 25 cents, come on! and they've already lasted a week and so i think my 50 cents was alreday worth it for me. :)


I guess I'll do a little update on the Maxwell clan:

ben - he has realized he has a pretty good job after all - good hours and good co-workers. so he's content to stay where he is for now. he's starting to work 4-10s this month as a trial-schedule and so we'll see how that goes. he'll have wednesdays off. he got back into biking a little bit and has been enjoying that.

emily - i'll be hosting our first little "playgroup" tomorrow - i think there will just be four toddlers and jonas. we'll see how it goes. hopefully everyone will survive. i think i'll be able to get more of a set schedule at work by the end of this month - working every other friday nite and then a 1/2 shift every other thursday. i'll still pick up extras if i want to. i'm still running but it's too dark outside now at 6, so i have to go later - and with the 2 kiddos. it's pretty fun - not quite as peaceful, though!

miles - he's doing great. we got a freebie toddler bed from ben's co-worker last nite and he was soooo excited about it. as soon as we got home he wanted to take a nap on it. :) in fact, he wanted to do everything on it: sleep, eat dinner, read books, etc. he slept great last nite - no problems at all. the deal is if he gets out of bed he has to go back in the crib. it does the trick! he still has some issues with shoving, pushing, eye-gouging, taking toys away, etc. with li'l bro jonas. but jonas is quickly catching up in size and abilities and so, as i have warned miles, the tide will someday be changing. . .

jonas - awesome li'l buddy. he's getting his 3rd tooth now - his upper left. he slept until 4am today and that made me extremely happy. he is way into pointing up at the lights and the sky. he's also perfected his wave and will wave on-cue when he hears "hi" or "bye." he stands every once in a while on his own - the longest we've seen is about 15 seconds. he's a gabber, too. this morning on our jog he just didn't stop "talking." he kept pointing and talking - very loudly, too. it was hilarious.

that's all for now.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice pumpkin pots Emily! That is so festive!

The Crazy Tiltons said...

I love the fall too. It's my favorite time of year. It was great talking with ya. I miss you tons and wish Ellie and I could come to the play group :)

Niederfam said...

Your trip looked GREAT, and Mitt would have LOVED the swing!! Good thinking!! I like the pumpkins, so cute...and well worth the $$$$$.