2014

2014

Thursday, January 04, 2007

My New Year's Resolutions

I usually like to make New Year's Goals and such, but I've never been one who is really good at sticking to them. So this year I have only made two - although I actually want to make a few more with Ben but we haven't quite had time yet to sit down together and get that taken care of. Anyways, I'll share my resolutions since one of them involves YOU ("YOU" implying my family and friends reading this).

The first one should just be a given, really. And it doesn't involve YOU, it just involves ME. It is that I will read my scriptures every day. Every day. Every single day. I used to be so much better and would get up and read my scriptures, go running, etc. But when I'm "forced" to wake up around 5:50-6am every morning, I just don't feel like getting up much earlier to read, etc. So I usually try to find a moment here and there to read. I'm still not going to get up any earlier, I'm just going to make more of my "here and there" moments. Like today: I read the scriptures while Jonas was taking his mini-morning-nap and Miles was playing with playdough. I, of course, had to "participate" in playdough-playing and so it was not a truly focused scripture study, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

And so now for my second resolution, the one that involves YOU. I resolve to convince either family members or friends (YOU) to move out to Montrose, Colorado. It is a great place to live, but would be a million times better if we had some good family and/or friends out here to enjoy it with us. :) I've realized that it isn't so much as where you live (especially when you get "established" with kiddos, etc.) as to who you live close to. Luckily we are very close to family and friends, but we actually wish we were closer. We have met wonderful people and friends out here, but nothing beats a long-time friend, sister, sister-in-law, mother, mother-in-law, etc.! So part B. of this resolution it to monthly write a blog on why YOU need to/should move out to Montrose, Colorado.

Wish me luck. . .

4 comments:

erin malia said...

oh emily, i wish i could. but you know it's never going to happen. what you should have made as your resolution was a resolution to move to a bigger city, say, like denver. kay. done. bye.

The Crazy Tiltons said...

So I have to agree with Erin. Why don't you just move to one of us. I'm sure there are great nursing positions in St. Louis. We would love to have you anytime!!!

rebecca said...

Don't rule out California. Sure it doesn't snow more than once or twice per decade, but you could learn to enjoy water sports, right? Trade in your snowshoes for a surf board? Snow skis for water skis? The Avalanche for . . . well, you'd have to keep the Avalanche.

Niederfam said...

TEMPTING to move, but I'm still working on building a house HERE.....although we haven't started yet......:)Thanks for involving us in your resolution, I hope someone can make it happen for you!!! Erin and Chuck??? :)