2014

2014

Friday, July 13, 2007

Good Morning

Well we've had a good morning. A backhoe (joys of joys to my boys) came to our neighbor's front yard to do some "stuff." I wish I knew what that "stuff" was because Miles asked me about every 3 minutes what they were doing - and, frankly, I didn't know. Fixing pipes???? So we went out on the porch and watched for a while as the backhoe dug a big hole.

Then we went out back and the boys were busy pushing their toy backhoes, front-end loaders, and bulldozers all over the yard and parking them in the garage (an empty diaper box). (I feel so smart when it comes to identifying trucks.)

As they were busy driving their trucks, I weeded the garden. I love to weed the garden. I never loved weeding for my mom (sorry mom!), but I love weeding my garden. I think it's because I can see the end result of my labors. It is so nice to work hard at something and actually see the results. I think that's why motherhood is difficult - at the end of a hard day's work, my boys will still whine, cry, take each other's toys, forget to say thank-you or please, etc. Yes, I know they are learning every day (for example, Miles constantly asks now to say the prayers!), but it is just hard to see an "end result" at the end of the day. That's why I love projects, I think.

Anyways, here are some pics of our good morning:



















After we came in from the backyard, the boys sat down again to watch the backhoe still at work.

Warning: the scarecrow is a little SCARY. haha. But here is our growing garden.












A closer-up view of mainly the corn plants. Behind the corn we have 2 tomato plants, basil, corn, and beans.









The other side of the garden - here we have 3 tomato plants, zucchini plants, peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins on the back row, and then sunflowers along our fence.








So another reason to come (if not move) to Montrose: to eat some yummy, fresh garden food.

3 comments:

erin said...

you're really trying to sell us on that montrose thing, aren't you? please, the only excuse i need you to give is "miles and jonas." i'm so there. except for the whole "small city" thing. sorry.

the boys looked so rapt watching the big machinery. (i'm proud of your knowledge of that stuff too!) i wonder what grassy will think: love or hate? i have two older brothers, but there's enough difference between derek and me so that no boy stuff rubbed off. i guess we'll see! only two more months.

erin said...

p.s. the garden is AMAZING. can i place an order for some basil?

emily said...

the funny thing is, we aren't sold on the idea of montrose either. it's a great place, really, but we don't know if we'll be here fovever.

BUT if family or friends moved out here we would totally be stuck on the idea of living here forever.

thanks about the garden!