2014

2014

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Favorite Thing. . .

So I just remembered that I had started this a few weeks ago - maybe even a month ago! It's not that I didn't have anything "favorite" happen to me, I just simply forgot. Huh, I literally see brain cells falling out every day of my life.

So I thought I would share a favorite happening of this week - it just happened today. I went to my doctor's appointment - which takes about 1 hour in all, while time with the doctor is probably around 5 minutes. Anyways, I wanted to make our last payment today - wahoo! If you pay early, supposedly, there is a 10% discount - and so I didn't want to miss out on that. Usually I balk at 10%, but when the total due is in the thousands of dollars, it, ummmm, makes a good difference. So as I was waiting I went up to the Desk Gal and asked if I could just make my final payment now. They had some discrepancy with how much they said I had paid and my receipts - so I brought in the receipts to clear it up. Anyways, the Desk Gal had to talk with the Billing Lady to figure everything out, and meanwhile I got called back (since I had waited 25 minutes in front, I guess I was due my wait of 25 minutes in the room).

So after my 5-minute chat with the doctor, I came out, scheduled my next appointment and then asked if they figured the payment all out. I was told we were done paying and didn't owe any more! The Billing Lady said she quoted us 20% off originally, or something like that. I don't know if I believe that totally, though! I just think people give you breaks when they know you pay cash and have no insurance.

Especially the Big Guy Upstairs (due all to tithing, of course).

6 comments:

Isa said...

Woohoo! What a nice break:) You'll have the sweetest little girl to boot:)

erin said...

yeah for you! things like that are AWESOME.

Megan said...

That's got to be better than all the things Erin has won - put together. Happy for you!

emily said...

you might be right megan. but winning something, even something you don't want, is probably more FUN!

i'm still jealous of erin and all her winnings!

Niederfam said...

NICE!!!! That's a good "WIN" even if it's not as much "fun"---right?? :)

Kristen said...

Nice Emily! I love love a good deal!