2014

2014

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Made for Baby Bliss

So each pregnancy and subsequent births I have seen a plethora of new baby products. There are probably hundreds of new patents each day for new baby items. I find many of them very interesting, beautiful, creative, helpful, etc. Unfortunately, many of them are also very expensive. So I don't get too many new baby "fads." But with each child I have bought into some of the fads - the lower-priced fads, of course!

For Miles I got the Boppy. I love it. It comes in handy for nursing. It is also quite helpful for holding babies who want to sleep and be held - at the same time. Miles and Emmy slept a lot of their first nites with Ben and the trusty Boppy. It's also great for propping up babes so they can see a little more than the boring ceiling. I don't know what I would have done without it. Okay, maybe used a pillow. . .

For Jonas I got a Moses Basket. Since we were transients the first 3 1/2 months of his life this was definitely nice. I could put Jonas to sleep in any room. Emmy also used the basket for the first 6 weeks of her life - while we were transitioning Jonas from taking naps in our closet (!) to his and Miles' bedroom. Now that we have a crib and a Jonas-free bedroom at naptime, the basket is no longer needed. But I still don't know what I would have done without it. Okay, maybe used the floor. . .

Now for Emmy we splurged and bought a Bumbo. I first saw this thing at my friends' house about a year ago. I thought it looked great and was excited about it - until I saw it was $40. I thought that a little expensive for a piece of . . . blob. But we got a Target card from Ben's work friends and, among some other things, purchased a blob, I mean Bumbo. It is used to sit your babes up once they have head-control - around 3 months. I have put Emmy in it a few times already for a few minutes and already I LOVE it. I can't wait until she has great head control and I can put her up on the counter, the dinner table, the bathroom counter, etc. It's brilliantly designed. I don't know what I would have done without it. Okay, maybe used the carseat. . .




But seriously, the Boppy is a unique "pillow" and its shape is what is so key and helpful. The basket makes you feel like you are at least providing a bed for your new little babe - as opposed to the floor. And I don't know about you, but ALL my babes pretty much hate their car seats and cry very LOUDLY and A LOT when in it - so I think the Bumbo will be worth it.

So what items could you not do without - or at least think you could not do without????

4 comments:

d&a said...

i am so pleased to see that you have a bumbo. i have a couple of friends who encouraged me to register for one saying that it has been one of their favorite products as well. my aunt purchased one for me as a shower gift and thought the request was strange, like you say a blob of plastic. i tried to convince her that it really is a great product, according to my friends that are already moms. i am so excited to see that emmy likes it too.

Niederfam said...

I know, who knew????? My sister in law had one for her little girl on vacation in June, and um....as soon as I got home, I bought one for Major, they really are perfect, and he loved it too!!!! And of course I got one for my sister and Molly!!!

Kristen said...

I have seen those a lot lately! I'm going to have to keep that in mind down the road. I love that you have three kids now!

erin said...

well i guess now i have to add bumbo to my list of junk to get. we freecycled a boppy this weekend, so we've got that covered.