2014

2014

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cowboy Take Me Away

During college my favorite lyrics/song was the Dixie Chicks' Cowboy Take Me Away. I wanted that life sung about in the song; my daydreams were patterned after the song. So I thought it would be fun to revisit the lyrics and see how close I'm living my "dream life."



  • I said I wanna touch the earth (I have played in lots and lots of dirt with my three boys)


  • I wanna break it in my hands (I have helped hoe and weed our 4 gardens)


  • I wanna grow something wild and unruly (Miles and Jonas can definitely fit here)


  • I wanna sleep on the hard ground (camping trips. . .)


  • In the comfort of your arms On a pillow of bluebonnets In a blanket made of stars (our homes in NY and here have a plentiful blanket of stars due to lack of real city lights)

(chorus)


  • Oh it sounds good to me I said


  • Cowboy take me away (Ben has TWO pair of cowboy boots)


  • Fly this girl as high as you can Into the wild blue (We've flown to NY and then back west)


  • Set me free oh I pray Closer to heaven above (we live at about 5600 feet elevation)


  • and Closer to you closer to you




  • I wanna walk and not run (whoops, i run 5-6 days/week)


  • I wanna skip and not fall (well i did slip and fall on some black ice on my morning run the other day. . .)


  • I wanna look at the horizon and not see a building standing tall (uh, yeah. where we live there are no tall buildings. none.)


  • I wanna be the only one for miles and miles (i am the only mom for Miles)


  • Except for maybe you and your simple smile

(repeats chorus and first verse)


Huh. Who woulda thought marrying Ben and having 3 kiddos would help me in living close to my dream life?


That's right. Me.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Very fun!

erin said...

awww, so cute.

do you still like the dixie chicks?

emily said...

good question. i still love the first 2 CDs i of have of them - FLY and something else? i haven't really heard much from their latest stuff, though.

Jenson Family said...

Sooo cute! WHat a great post! You are clever!

Nicole said...

I like that song too. Glad that you're living the dream! The Dixie Chicks Home cd (I think their 3rd) is also a pretty good one. They have this really cute song that's a lullaby for little boys. You should check it out, it's sooo cute. I forget the name of the song.

Melissa C. said...

It's me, Rebecca's random friend stalking your blog again. I'm just wondering where you got your blog template. It's the cutest one I've seen!

emily said...

hi melissa. glad you "visit." :) i got my template at shabbytulips.blogspot.com. i just tried to go there, but it didn't work? i'll try to figure it out - if you're still looking.

Melissa C. said...

Hi! Me again. Thanks for the info. I did a google search and I guess the shabbytulips person was using stuff without permission, so it was removed (or something like that). But I was able to find instructions (through my shabbytulips search) on how to make my own blog layout. If you're ever interested, go to sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com.

emily said...

thanks for the info melissa! huh, i should probably change mine if shabbytulips wasn't quite kosher. :)

Kristi W. said...

I used shabbytulips too. I got an email from the girl that did it and I guess she was only 15 and started making those just for her family but when other people found it and started using them it turned into "commercial" and so she'd have to pay copyrights so she shut it down. Stinks for the rest of us, ha!