Yes, let the countdown begin. You might not be able to tell what the picture is - it's an advent calendar I made. (Perhaps I'll try taking a better picture and posting it later) My sister sent me this link and so I thought it would be fun to make for our family.
I read in a couple of different sources about adding "events" to an advent calendar - so on a few particular days you not only get a treat, but also an "event." So this year we'll be adding these 6 events into our advent calendar:
1. Sleeping under the Christmas tree (a Ben's family tradition; we plan on making it a yearly tradition - on Jonas' b-day)
2. Making gingerbread houses (a tradition that we like to do on Ben's birthday)
3. Making cookies and delivering them to Church teachers
4. Having hot chocolate before bedtime
5. Having the kids pick out and deliver 3 gifts each to Salvation Army - then going out for ice cream afterwards
6. Driving around looking at the Christmas lights.
How fun! I love December. But this silly RAIN better become loads of SNOW soon or I will be real mad!
The kids are getting pretty excited about Christmas; Miles asked if it was Christmas tonite. Not yet kiddo.
When Miles is asked what he wants for Christmas from Santa, he always replies, "A track excavator." When Jonas is asked what he wants from Santa, he always replies, "Oatmeal."