2014

2014

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

Just some random pictures showing some random things:

This is how Emmy sleeps always. I put her down every time in the middle of the bed, but against the bumper pad (ever since she was a newborn she had to snuggle up against something). So somehow every time she manages to scoot to the top of the crib and kink her neck just so. Every time.

Okay, so who's naptime do you think it was? Riiiight, not Ben's. Ben got real sleepy after reading Miles his books and decided to nap. Miles, on the other hand, decided not to nap but instead to drop books on his sleeping dad. Pretty funny to me. (Per Ben: he knew the book-dropping business was occurring, but was too tired to do anything about it.)

Saturday's sledding trip. I just have to say I think it so funny that Jonas looks so chubby when dressed in his snow-gear. He always does. And he's probably the skinniest one of us all.

Ummmmm, all dressed for bed? Pajamas and mom and dad's boots.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute pictures Em. I like the one with Ben sleeping and the book dropping. That is something that would happen to Chris. And...how does Emmy do that with her head/neck. Is she an owl? Just kidding. Cute Cute.

erin said...

ben has such a talent in sleeping! i'm really jealous of him. but maybe that comes with having three kids? that pic of the sledding is really good.

does that make you nervous about emmy shoving her face into that?!

emily said...

i was really nervous about emmy at first. but there's nothing i can do about it, i guess.

and, no, ben's talent started way before children came along. :) perhaps having 3 kiddos has hightened his ablilities, though.

marisa said...

My little baby sleeps the same way! I tried to take the bumper pad out the other night when I was washing it and she must have woken up at least 5 times!
I was reading your post about your Busy Bee Preschool, what a great idea, I checked out the site. I am just curious, did you do the 3-4 year old program or 4-5 program? I have been trying to do things with my girls but I have several different sites I would try and grab things from and to have it all laid out would be great!

emily said...

marisa - too funny about your baby, too!

i did the 3-4 age group (as miles is just turning 4 in a couple months). i will most likely do the 4-5 group next school year - the year before he'll enter kindegarten. it is soooo nice to have everything laid out.

d&a said...

those are some great shots. i bet emmy wouldn't believe you with out the proof. babies do some funny things. jonas' snow suit reminds me of a christmas story. as for miles, he'll learn to love those books and decide they are better for reading than for dropping on dad...or not!

rebecca said...

Your family is too cute! I love the pics of Emmy. I guess you can't stop them - they'll sleep how they want! Good for you getting a pic to remember.

The dad at our house can fall asleep at any second of the day, anywhere also! Hmmm . . . .

Sara said...

Sammy used to do the same thing, excpet he also made sure all his blankets were only on his head. Dan totally does the same thing as Ben, if he's tired, he's just obvilious to the kids, must me a Y chomosome thing.

Brooke said...

love the cute, random pics. :) And boots are awesome to sleep in.

Niederfam said...

Cute...my boys BOTH wedged themselves into all kinds of awkward sleeping positions, I guess whatever works, right?? That avalanche looks FUN!!!!

Nicole said...

I missed this post, but I totally love it! I love all of the pics! Too funny! I'm awaiting bumper pads for Molly's crib. Um, mom? I thought you were going to do those!

emily said...

nice nicole - hopefully "mom" reads this. :)