2014

2014

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Updated Stats and More, A Lot More

Emmy and Jonas had their well-child check-ups yesterday - Emmy for her 4-month and Jonas for his 2-year. It went as expected with 3 kids - crazy, but fine. Here is the stats and an update on each:

EMMY:

She is in the 5th percentile for weight, 14th for head circumference, and 26th for height. Not bad for my child. Although she is "tall and skinny," she really doesn't look it and even has chubby thigh-rolls! My first kid to have rolls. I was so excited to see them the other day. :) So cute. Let's just hope she doesn't continue to have the "Galbraith thighs" as she gets older. She started "blowing raspberries" a few days ago and it is one of the cutest things I've seen. My other kids never really did that. She gabs a lot - especially to doctors! For her 2 and 4-month visits she just "talked" up a storm with the docs - it was adorable. She's adorable. She went to town rolling over at the doc's, too. We had a huge room (perhaps they saw me with my 3 kids) and so I put her on the ground and I think since it was flat (as opposed to our house!) it was a bit easier for her. She continues to wake up every 3-4 hours during the night to feed. I know it's not necessary and the doc also told me that, so sometime in the near future we'll start weaning her from one of her night-time feedings. She doesn't cry at night - she just squeaks and squeals and squirms. She is adored and adores her brothers.

JONAS:

He is in the 5th percentile for weight (Yea! He finally got back on the curve!) and 13th for height. Again, not surprising for my child. He was really, really opposed to having the doctor look in his mouth. In fact, he refused it. "Don't like it." She (the doc) never really got a look in his mouth. The doc barely got a peek in his ears as well. Whatever. He is really into "peeing" in the toilet. Oftentimes he'll take off his pants and diaper and runs to the bathroom. He's never actual peed, though, but it's a start. Once he wanted to sit on the toilet and was quite frightened of it and as I was bear-holding him he kept telling me, "Don't let me fall, mom." I didn't let him down. He had a phase that I am hoping is over - that of taking off his clothes while in his crib, at the beginning of his nap time. Once I went in there and found him stark naked. It was funny, but I had to act like it wasn't. Crazy kid. He still adores Emmy but as she is getting more into toys I can see him getting more "upset" with her. "No, Emmy, don't take that toy." But he still calls her Cutie and smothers her with kisses.

MILES:

I'll take him for his 4-year (WHAT?!?!) check-up in 2 months. When asked what he wants for his birthday he told me he wants ME to make him a really big Track Excavator (ummm, no, Miles, I really don't think you'd want what I could make you!). He's really trying to be nice to people and compliment them often. At my parents' home he'd tell my mom, "I really like how you have that there" (some decoration thing). He always tells Ben, "Daddy, I really like your beard." He tells me how he likes my hair barrets, my shirts, etc. (Yes, even once he said, "Mom, I really like your boobs.") He is so sweet and tries to say nice things to us. He loves it when we do "school" and thanked me the other do for doing it, "Thanks, Mom, for doing school with me." Awwww, how precious. He's really into the letter M and whenever he sees it he exclaims, "There's MY M!" He can write out his name fairly well. When asked how you spell his name he will say, "M I E L S."

The boys have enjoyed all of the snow we've been getting. One of their favorite things is to eat a bowl full of snow with syrup poured over it. I did that as a kid in Virginia (do you remember that, Erin?) and have now passed on that lovely tradition to my kids. When we were out playing Monday morning Miles reminded me that I needed to get them some snowy-syrup treat before going inside. RightEO. (It's also good for Ben since I'm using that Lite-Syrup he bought and hates - the kids don't mind it.)


And Wilson. We decided to give him a work-out today and hooked him up to the avalanche to pull the kids! He did it once. Then he was done pretty much. Ben had to coax him to do it again. The last time I got a piece of meat and we dropped that on the sidewalk and so Wilson went after that! Hehe. The boys thought it was pretty funny!

And that's that.

5 comments:

Niederfam said...

Great update!!! So fun to hear all about them and their little personalities.....That is so sweet of Miles to remember to praise and compliment often, I love it!!! I can't believe he'll be four, but I guess Mitt will be too, right around the corner! Darling little children you have, really!!! :)

Sara said...

I'm so glad your cute kiddies are doing so great! Sam is a shortie like your kiddies and I agonize over all the girls that won't date him cause he'll be too short on a bi monthly basis. I'm jealous you have a baby with chubbs neither of mine do dang it! I can totally appericiate your excitement!

Michelle said...

Your kids are small and cute. How do you plan on getting Emmy to sleep through the night? I'm 0 for 4 so any advice you have, I'll take willingly.

erin said...

yes, i remember syrup on snow! too fun. and we have the same lite syrup that c hates. ha. glad to see wilson helping out at home a bit. :)

rebecca said...

Yay! A great update! I LOVE that Miles thinks you have nice "boobs". Hilarious! I also love the mommy gushing, especially about Emmy. So fun you have a girl!

You should really consider the Las Vegas Tri - make a family trip of it and we can hang out!!!! I really hope we can meet each other's kids (and me meet Ben) someday.