2014

2014

Friday, April 25, 2008

Emmy Update

Emmy is about 8 months - on Sunday. 8 months - am I serious!? I can't believe she is that old. She is still a darling little babe and is such a happy, good-natured little girl. The past week and a half she has been more cranky, but it's still nothing. I'm convinced that any day she will be popping out teeth - but I have been saying that for the past 6 weeks. Seriously. But this time I really, really think that in the next week she'll have some teeth. My boys got their first teeth right around 7 months, so she is a little later. I hope she doesn't bite me when she does get those teeth. She already pulls my hair, scratches my hands, and pinches me everywhere while I am nursing her. It's rather unpleasant. (What's that saying? Don't bit the hand that feeds ya. ?)


She has been scooting for 2 months now and has, in the past week, progressed to crawling. She doesn't do it all the time - probably 1/2 the time is spent crawling and the other 1/2 scooting. She's very efficient both ways.


She likes all her baby food - peaches, pears, apples, banana, green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. She loves to drink water. Today I gave her the bottom of an orange and she loved it (good thing she doesn't have teeth yet and so she could just suck it). I need to start finger-foods, like cheerios, but I absolutely hate the finger-food stage. My biggest fear with babies is choking and all babies gag and choke when they start finger foods. I hate it. I know I have 2 other kids, but I can't remember when or what I feed them as babies. I think Miles and Jonas were probably eating a lot more than just pureed stuff at this point. I don't know. I don't care.


She says "dada" very well and gets very excited when her "dada" comes home from work. She likes to stand herself up on the little kids' chair - she can amuse herself for a good 30 minutes there.


She is now crying and so I think I'll grab her and feed her before the boys get up from nap. Here are some pictures and a video of her crawling (it's kind of long, sorry!):





video

2 comments:

megan said...

I'm always amazed at how much I forget from kid to kid (How much should I feed them? How do I get them to sleep through the night? When can I give real baths in a real tub?, etc.) And then just when I'm getting the hang of it they grow up a little and it's on to the next stage.

erin said...

she's so cute! that looks like such a fun stage.