2014

2014

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quote of the Week

So I think last week took its toll on me. First it was taking care of sick Miles. But he was pretty easy - he just didn't eat for 3 days (probably saved us about 100 dollars worth of groceries. ha.). But then Jonas got sick and he was sick. He didn't eat for about 4 days and just laid around the house for the past 2 1/2 days - literally. He was either laying on the couch, the floor, or my bed, or was sleeping. If he wasn't do those things he was in somebody arms moaning and crying. It was sad. Finally today the li'l sprout came back to his old self. Oh I didn't realize how much I missed his sweet voice, funny words, adorable smile, and his crazy antics. I love that boy and am so glad he is "back." Anyways, a couple of nights we were getting up several times tending Jonas and awakening quite early with all the kids. So I was, I guess, a wee bit tired. As evidenced by this prayer I said last night during our "couple prayer":

"And please bless us that we will all sleep well tonight. And that the cat will too."

What?! We don't have a cat and if I did I don't think I'd mention him in my prayers (I don't think our dog Wilson has ever made it in my prayers). Ben thought I had completely lost my mind.

Nay, I lost it a looooooong time ago.

10 comments:

erin said...

you don't pray for wilson? we pray for bruno. well, at least we say we're grateful for him. but even if we had a cat, i still wouldn't pray for him! dad is probably disappointed.

megan said...

Pretty funny. I've fallen asleep a few times in the middle of saying a prayer out loud (I've fallen asleep a lot of times saying silent ones).

Meg said...

You are a funny girl!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

So funny! I was going to say, "I didn't know you had a cat?!!!" He is so cute! I am so sorry that your boys were so sick. I hope all is well and if you need anything let me know. I hope you are coming tomorrow to ridgeway! Would love to have you!

Melissa said...

I'm laughing out loud at work, and people are starting to look at me funny. Keep up the funny quotes, Em!

Janae said...

I was crying I was laughing so hard! What a funny story. I can totally see myself doing that. It is so hard when your kids are sick. I don't do well...funny because I am a nurse. Ha! I feel trapped and depressed and sad that they are sick. Hope they all feel better soon!

Niederfam said...

i LOVE that....usually when I do things like that, P is so tired too, that it goes unnoticed, until a day or two later when someone says, wait, did you SAY that???? :) Hope every one is getting a little more rest!!!!

Hans and Michelle said...

I needed a laugh. Love that.

N Pendleton said...

that's hilarious! too funny.

Darin said...

Ben and Emily, we found your blog. It's so great to see you guys and your adorable kids. Love the videos and the quotes!