2014

2014

Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Reading


Well I am still working on getting my post up from our July 4th/Family reunion up in Denver. It'll happen when it happens. But one thing I did while there was start and finish a book. How lovely. I read "A Thousand Splendid Suns." It was at the house that we were staying at. I guess it was a good book because 1. I just kept reading it and reading it, even when I needed sleep more than I needed to read, and 2. It had me tearing up quite often (that means it's good, right?), and 3. I am now reading a book, "The Kite Runner," by the same author.

I really did like the book. But at the same time I almost stopped reading it about 100 pages before it ended. I was tired of being saddened by the book. It was depressing. But the hope of something good finally happening kept me going. And I'm glad I finished it - it wasn't a totally happy ending, but good things did finally occur and so it gave me some happy resolutions.

I haven't read like that in a long time - by "that" I mean starting and finishing a book in 5 days. I loved it! I remember in middle school that I would walk from class to class with a book stuck in my face. I really did love reading. I still do, I just don't do it as often.

Also, I'm used to buying books. When Ben asked me if he should pick up "The Kite Runner" I said, "Nah, we don't really have the money for that." Then he said he was going to the library and would check it out for me. Oh. Brilliant.

Anyways, just some boring ramblings from me. I better go. . . I have a book waiting for me.

2 comments:

Niederfam said...

Thanks, I need a new book!

erin said...

i saw the kite runner movie. it was good. and now that i'm back on the metro a couple of days a week i'll be able to make more time for reading.

and yes, library...brilliant.