2014

2014

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Zucchiniitis

Do you have a garden? If so you probably have a plethora of zucchini. Check out Foodees for the latest recipes I posted there (which I got all from my SIL). However, if you have eaten zucchini in cakes, muffins, bread, sauteed, steamed, and grilled and still have zucchini sitting on your counter, then this might be a fun idea: Zucchini Boats. I got the idea from a Family Fun article and our family, indeed, did have fun:

Oh the excitement!


Here they come!


Jonas and Miles launching their boats.

This is what happens when I ask Jonas to put his arm around Miles. Love it.

Silly goofs. Jonas' zucchini broke once we got home. Miles' boat is still sitting on his dresser. . soon to be in the compost bin (when Miles is not looking, of course).

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Love this idea! How fun! You are the BEST mom. Your boys are so lucky to have a life of adventure! Love the hug!

Kristen said...

So I am catching up with some of your posts and I can't believe you guys made zucchini boats! We used to do this all the time when we were little. I used to think it was so awesome. How fun.