2014

2014

Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Out

So I had to go to time out. For Women. In St. Louis. With my friend Megan. (If you don't know, Deseret Books sponsors Time-Out for Women seminars)



I left on Thursday afternoon and came back on Sunday afternoon. 3 days without my kids. I have never been apart from them for that long (we've left Miles and Jonas for 24 hours, twice. i've never left emmy). Apart from a little freak-out a week or two before I flew out, all was well as I left and during my trip.



While in St. Louis I did a lot of just chatting with my old roommie Megs, visiting the arch, and of course, attending the seminar. Oh yeah, and also dying in the 85 degree/95% humidity weather. Yuck.



But I had an absolutely wonderful time. Although every time I went somewhere I felt like I was forgetting something (something stinky or whiny or to that effect). I felt so light and free and that was such a great feeling. Megs and her family are beautiful and wonderful hosts and friends. She has a gorgeous home and a family to match it. Thanks to all who made my trip possible - you know who you are, right?


Here are just a few pictures:

Here I am leaving. Nobody looks too sad. In fact, a couple of us look really happy.

The Arch. And the shadows of me and cutie Ellie.

Another picture of the arch. Impressive.

And here we are at the seminar. Lovin' the seminar and just being together.

It was great.

8 comments:

rebecca said...

AWESOME!!! I want to go to time out! Three days away from responsibility and filling your spiritual canteen?! Nice. What a great get away. And great hubby for letting you go.

You do look REALLY happy. :)

megan said...

How fun! I'll have to go to one of those sometime.

Meg said...

I'm glad you got home o.k. You can add the fact that you survived the car ride to the airport in the aftermath of Ike - not many can say that!
It was great having you here. I'm sad it wasn't longer. Thank Ben for me for letting you go.

erinmalia said...

i think that's the longest we've gone without talking in a Loooooong time! ha. glad you had fun. now call me. :)

emily said...

yes, meg, i did survive ike. :) we were on the runway for 45 minutes waiting for the blustery winds to die down and then we had to go to another runway because one had too much standing water. it was crazy and a little scary.

Megan said...

I LOVE time-out! Both the workshops and the actually thing. I wish my kids would put me there more often. I'm glad you got to go. I ran into Francis (who lives with Jim & Diana) at the store last week and she was busy picking up food for them to bring when they came to stay at your house... I think Diana was actually going to cook beef or something! Lucky Ben, but more importantly, lucky you for getting a break! You deserve it SuperMom!

Nicole said...

How fun! I would love a time out! Glad you got to get away.

Niederfam said...

GOOD FOR YOU, it's amazing, the more you leave your kids, the "easier" it gets, of course you miss em, but it's nice to have that feeling sometimes!! VERY COOL, can't wait to hear more about it.......