2014

2014

Monday, November 03, 2008

The Pantry Door


I really like my pantry door. I painted the inside of it with chalkboard paint - I got the "recipe" for it here. I use it every week to write up our menu on one side and "needed items" on the other side. I don't know why I like it so, I just do. Whenever I open the door I think, "aw cute." It's just something extra to do to a home to give it a little spice. Cheap spice, too. That's the only kind I can afford. Especially after our $800 ER bill for Emmy and then today the notice that our health insurance (which, believe me, ain't that grand) is going up $120/month. Thank goodness for the little things that make me smile.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love this idea. I have seen the idea of painting part of a kids room, but I always thought then they would just get chalk all over their clothes. So this is great - I am already brainstorming all the places I could put it. Great link! I love it!

itsmeemily said...

What a great idea! I love it. Looks very good!

erinmalia said...

i didn't know you did this! i love it. now if only i had a real pantry door...

Megan said...

I have been considering doing this for some time now... And you may have given me the courage to do so! Way to go Emily!

Nicole said...

How cool! I would love that too!

Niederfam said...

Don't get me started on insurance and or medical expenses, I'm with you, Ugh!!!! BUT I LOVE the chalkboard menu board, SOOOOOO CUTE, and I have to say, I am "honored" with the mention of Lotoja on Tuesday, YES, I did look that closely, PATHETIC I know!!!!