2014

2014

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Monday

Monday was fun and busy. Our first activity was going to the aquarium:



Ohhh, ahhhh, neat.

Emmy hasn't been a fan of a lot of what we've done on this trip. But the aquarium? She loved it.


Love this picture.

After that we went and visited Great-Grandpa Marlin. Lamely I didn't get a picture of him. But here is a cute photo of a still-slightly sick boy with his Daddy (taken at G-G Marlin's). A Daddy more-than-pleased that he was constantly being asked by Jonas to "hold me?" Yes, I was jealous.



Then it was off the an "authentic" Italian pizza place downtown. Ben loved it. My parents will never go back.


Then we braved the cold and walked around Temple Square. When we got to the tabernacle Miles was so interested in it and just had to go in. As soon as we were in he asked the Sister Missionary where the hot air balloon crashed (ha, he learned this story about 1 1/2 years ago from his sunbeam's teacher). The Sister didn't know and so a gentleman (another missionary??? an old man) was asked and he didn't know either. So Miles surmissed the balloon crashed on the top. Probably. So we enjoyed it until my headache got so bad I thought I was going to puke. Then I became Mrs. Grouchy and didn't want the kids to take more than 1.2 seconds to look at any more lights. But we've never done that as a family and so we did enjoy it.

We then drove home, put Emmy to bed, and then put in a movie for the rest of his - some old-school "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Claymation, I think. Then Ben, Jonas, Miles, and I slept under the tree. We got to sleep on soft carpet this year - as opposed to our awful carpet in our home - yeah. But everbody was so tired that we didn't have much trouble getting to sleep - especially Ben, who fell asleep first.

The End of Monday.

No comments: