2014

2014

Monday, January 12, 2009

Here fishy, fishy. . .


Well Santa gave us a fish tank for Christmas. We finally got it ready, put some goldfish in last week, then bought some more exciting fish on Saturday - along with some fish tank decor. I have to say I love it. The decor (we like things fairly simple). I saw it and fell in love with the little drowned car. Ha. And the fish? I'm not so sure about some of them. We bought tiger-bards (or lions as Jonas so jonasly calls them) and they scare me. They are aggressive-type fish, but we were told they would not be quite so aggressive if we got 4 of them. We got 4 of them and they are probably okay, but they pick on the other fish. Our guppies. The male guppy has a beautiful fin (Miles calls him "parrot bird") and tiger-bards are fin-nippers. Argh. But the tigers haven't eaten our tiny neon-tetra fish, so I might let them stay. We'll see. The guppies hang up at the top of our tank all day - I've researched this (via Google, of course) and found it could be due to: too much nitrite/ammonia in the water, they are shy, they are guppies and guppies do this, they are stressed, they are getting used to the new tank, the female wants to stay away from the male, or they are going to die any minute. So I don't know. Our neon fish are so neat. Their bodies glow and their eyes do too. We also got a frog - but he hides under the car most of the day (don't tell the other fish, but i love him the most). We've all had fun watching them and Ben and I love the tank just as much as our kids.



I'm posting pictures, but I can't figure out how to get a good shot of it. The tank really looks better in real life.































4 comments:

erinmalia said...

the thing that made me laugh the most? the car! it's just so you!

you need to post a pic of the tank with the wall behind it so i can get a better feel of it.

Megan said...

I LOVE the car! So cool!

erinmalia said...

thanks for heeding my advice.

signed,
your older, and wiser sister

i {heart} hawkes said...

i'm just glad to see that the sunken vehicle is NOT a VW. i bet the kids are loving the fish, what a great gift. who gets to feed and who gets to clean? i bet i can guess!