2014

2014

Monday, February 23, 2009

2008 Blog Book

Once again, with the new year, it was time for me to get my blog book together. Blurb.com is what I've used the past couple of years, so that is what I did again. However, when I started, blurb was unable to "slurp" blogs from Blogger. So I had to copy and paste each and every single post of 2008. Yuck. But I knew it'd be worth it. And you know what? The day after I finished copying and pasting, blurb was set up again to slurp from Blogger. Argh. But whatever.
Well I just got it today - perhaps the only good thing about today thus far - and I love it. My cover picture/title is printed right on the hardcover - as opposed to a "flap" thing. I hate flap things. So I love that. And, of course, I love that it is in my print, Kiana. My sister found this site and it is brilliant. And since my blog book is my journal, I thought it would be perfect to have it in my print. And it is.






9 comments:

megan said...

Cute! I tried that personal font thing a little while ago but I couldn't ever get it to install on my computer. Any tips?

emily said...

were you trying yourfonts.com? cuz if i remember right all you do there is print out their sheet, write your letters, scan it, then upload it.

oh, i did have some problem "finding" it once it was uploaded. so i called my sister and she helped me. i don't know what i did, though. so maybe you have a computer-savvy sister (or brother), too? if not, i'll share mine. :)

Meg said...

The book looks awesome. I've been meaning to do mine, but just haven't wanted to take the time. I'm going to try and call you back today.:)

Nicole said...

Turned out great! How fun. I'm wondering when I should print mine! Sometime, since I blog as my journal too (at least scrapbook!). Anyway, great job, it looks awesome!

erinmalia said...

emily, feel free to give megan my email address and i'd love to share with her how to install fonts.

i love the book! the picture on the cover is awesome. and your font looks great. it really does look like your writing. you've totally inspired me to do this.

Emily said...

I love it!! I will definitely do that when I finish a year as well. Nat does it too and looks like it turned out so well!

Niederfam said...

I LOVE that, you are the one who gave me the initial BRILLIANT idea, so THANK YOU. And now apparently I'll have to print it in my own handwriting too!!!

Hans and Michelle said...

Love it. Need to do that.

rebecca said...

Yay for blurb working again. I started doing the cut and paste process, but didn't finish. Good thing. I love your font. Can I get a copy?