2014

2014

Friday, March 27, 2009

30.

I'm 30 today. I don't know how I feel about it. I don't feel particularly happy about being 30, nor do I feel sad - or old. I think my height is so deceiving to people. I can't tell you how many of my patients tell me, "You are too young to be a nurse." Or ask me, "Are you a new nurse?" And it's not because I look young, I think it's just because I'm short. Real short.

But my birthday has already started good. I went on a chilly 16-degree run with freshly fallen snow. And, truthfully, running in this type of weather is much more to my liking than running in 75-degree sunny weather. Weird I am.

So here's to a chilly stay-inside birthday.

p.s. i just took this photo this morning. i love the battle of Winter vs. Spring. it's always so beautiful.

7 comments:

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM! I hope you have a wonderful day and I'm so proud of you getting out in this weather! Love ya and hope you have an amazing day because you deserve it!

erinmalia said...

happy birthday sis! i'm sorry i can't be there with you. maybe we should have a big birthday celebration in july for everyone! i love it.

hope you continue to have a great day.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Em! Be glad you're 30 and not 40 - which my hubbie turns next week! Yeah for 30's!

La Ron said...

Happy Birthday Emily. I hope you have a great day. Turning 30 isn't all that bad. I actually enjoyed turning 30.

Brooke said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you have a fantastic day! :)

rebecca said...

That is a beautiful picture.

Happy Birthday! 30 is fabulous, I think. Look at all you have! A wonderful house full of a wonderful family. Enjoy your day. I know you will. :)

Love you!

Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday, cousin Emily! Wow, I can't believe you're 30! For some reason, I was thinking you were the same age as Steven. Must be the birthday proximity.

Don't believe anyone who tells you turning 30 is a drag. Although I'll admit I dreaded it, 30 was an amazing year. I hope you like it, too. :)