2014

2014

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

If I Were a Rich Man. . .

lyrics from Fiddler on the Roof

"I'd build a big tall house (ours is 2 stories)

with rooms by the dozen, (that's right, 12 rooms - not bedrooms - in here)

Right in the middle of the town. (4 blocks from Main Street)

A fine tin roof (looks like tin, must be some kind of metal)

with real wooden floors below. (the main floor has hardwood floors)

There would be one long staircase just going up, (we have a staircase in the front of our house; miles - on his own - has declared it is just for going up)

And one even longer coming down, (i don't know about it being longer, but there is another staircase in the back of our house)

And one more leading nowhere, just for show. . ." (actually we do have one more - but it leads to the basement)

So I was listening to my iPod the other day while running and heard this song from Fiddler. It made me laugh at how close it fit our new home. :) Now I am not boasting that we are rich in money, but I am sure thankful that we have been richly blessed in so many other ways. Our new house being one of them.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

WOW! That song was written for you! My kids would love your house. We live in a one story house with no basement. They always talk about "when we buy a house with stairs". I can't wait to see more pictures of your new house. You are blessed for sure with that beautiful family and 3 sets of stairs!

erinmalia said...

i'm just laughing because you're running to fiddler. but i am glad to read that you're using the ipod.

emily said...

fiddler was what came up after the selected album was through - but i sure do love fiddler and it made a dandy-time running. :)