2014

2014

Monday, April 06, 2009

Home Sweet Home, Part: The Playroom

This has been our latest project and it's been a doozie. I've had this envisioned since we bought the home, but had to get other projects done and out of the way so we could start this one.
We turned the finished part of the basement into the kids' playroom. Ben and I spent almost 4 hours on Thursday priming it. Then on Friday I spent 4-5 hours painting, then another few hours on Saturday doing our last coat. It consumed us this weekend, but we were lucky enough to have still caught 4/5 sessions of conference. So it was a good weekend.

Anyways, I forgot to get an actual "before" picture of the basement. I did get this though:
This is it with the ugly primer - I hate primer. But before the primer the basement was a dark fake-wood paneling.

And the "after" shots:

I love it and can't wait for the kids to see it! I think it's simple, yet enough. Although I still want to buy a PlayMat rug from IKEA and we do have a swing that, if we can, we will hang.
I will also set-up my sewing machine down here:
Thus the kids can play while I work on things. At least, that's the ideal. But, yes, the desk is another project that I have. I am going to paint it white and then mod podge on fabric. We'll see how that turns out. . .

8 comments:

erinmalia said...

seriously amazing. now come do it for me!

and no worries on the tent. i'm surprised it lasted as long as it did!

rebecca said...

I love everything about this! Your house is amazing. What a great place to raise your kids. Good work. I am so impressed with how much you've done and you only moved in like a month ago.

I still can't believe the miracle. The whole story of how you got this house is just amazing. Your family is so blessed.

i {heart} hawkes said...

i'm stunned, it looks fantastic! the kids always keep it that clean right?!

emily said...

i would love to come and do it for you, sis!

and, yes, rebecca the whole story of getting our house is truly a blessing. i am thankful for our new home each and every day. i love it.

Mindy said...

Looks like a great playroom! Painting is SO much work - I am impressed. I have lived in my house for over 2 years and have only painted one room. I'm sure your kids will love it!

Nicole said...

It looks awesome!! You look you're a pro and have done this a million times. Way impressed!

Niederfam said...

Oh my GOODNESS, that is the CUTEST. Really, I'm so jealous and will probably email to find details!!! VERY cute!!!!

Megan said...

I love the playroom! So cute and functional! You do a great job!