2014

2014

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teacher Gift

So Miles has been doing a little bit of "homeschool" preschool. Isn't that funny - having to define preschool as homeschool rather than going somewhere? Crazy. Anyways, the school district has a program where a lovely Miss Cindy came to our home every other week. She read books, worked on letters and numbers, sequencing, etc. She always left a red bag filled with worksheets crafts, puzzles, and games for us to have for 2 weeks - until she came again and left a new red bag.


Once a month all the kids and parents (moms) would get together for a big activity. It was so great. Miles really and truly loves Miss Cindy.


Last week was our last time with her. I know I didn't need to, but I wanted to get her a little something to say "thanks." Miles was all over that, too.


So we made our first "teacher gift." We got a pot (Please, it is a weird pot, I know. Holes all over the side. I don't know how/if it will work. But when I have 3 kids in a shopping cart - 1 of which is throwing a huge fit - I can't bear to go somewhere else to find something better. Anyways. . .) We planted "forget-me-nots" and placed a picture of Miles with a note on the back - which Miles dictated to me. I can't remember it all, but it went something like this: "Miss Cindy, I love you. When I grow up I want to be a worker. My favorite food is sardines." Miles really wanted a balloon. This first one he choose said, "Get Well Soon." We both thought that was funny. So we picked another one.
So cute.

1 comment:

courtney said...

glad to see you are back in action! and thanks for the tip about rollercoasters & youtube...i'll put that one in my back pocket.