2014

2014

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oobleck




Wow, I love Oobleck.  I've never done it before but I read/heard about it from other friends and blogs.  It's so neat.  Well, okay, it's also really, really messy.

So, if you've never done it before, do it now - your kids will thank you.

(p.s.  There are bunches of "recipes" out there on the web.  I did something like 3/4 c. cornstarch and maybe 1/3 -1/2 c. water?  or more?  I don't know.  If you don't know what's so special about it, I'll tell you:  you squeeze it real tight in your hand and you can make a ball, open up your hand and Oobleck just "melts" or liquidfies.  It's awesome.)

8 comments:

Emily said...

In one of my preschool curriculum classes we all made this one day and it is awesome!! Entertains kids of all ages apparently!

erinmalia said...

would my almost-15-month-old enjoy it, you think?

(yet again, my word verification is awesome--hipholo!)

emily said...

i'm not sure about rhett - maybe wait a few months. emmy liked making a mess but didn't really make it into a ball or anything. you might want to do it for you, though. :)

~Simply Kate~ said...

I love that stuff! we got to play with it in science last year :)

Niederfam said...

umm........it takes ALL of my patience to let my kids play with play dough, I think this might PEG my patience meter, but WOW, your kids LOVE you!!!!

Hans and Michelle said...

I love Oobleck! So fun to play with, even for me:)

raedene said...

You rock, Emily! I need you to nudge me in the 'fun' direction and away from the 'I would have to clean that up' direction. Thanks for the great example and the great idea! I'm doing it tomorrow! :)

Montrose Lewises said...

lol Did it today, thanks to your inspiration! The kids I nanny and Adaiah LOVED it... I'll get the post up eventually. CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID IT INSIDE, lol :D I'm still trying to get cornstarch off their back patio!