2014

2014

Friday, August 28, 2009

A 2-year old in the house - Oh boy! (errr, girl)

Waking up in the morning - finding her door decorated and her first present awaiting her.


Getting the cake ready. . .


A little treat for the birthday girl (and the birthday brothers). Yum.


So lady-like! She loves her little "bike." Super fun and super cute.


Isn't she a pretty little 2-year old?


Jonas' school involved sorting the skittles by color and then his "craft of the day" was helping me decorate Emmy's cake.


Yea! I loved how the cake turned out and was super pleased. I got the idea from here.


Emmy "sang" the birthday song to herself as well as we sang it. It was real sweet.


Isn't that cool?


The Kitchen. I think Emmy likes it - but I know that Miles loves it. :)


There she is with a new hat on, new squeaky shoes (I so love these - as does Emmy), feeding her new Monkey (Tutu, I think will be the name), with some new tea-set cups. Spoiled.


I thought this picture a little goofy looking, but Ben loves it. So I put it here for him.

It was such a fun day. I really love birthdays and the chance it gives to focus some extra attention and love on just one child.

And just in case I didn't show enough pictures, here are 2 videos:

video


video

Such a big week in our family. It was a lot of fun. But. I'm tired.

6 comments:

Niederfam said...

So cute. Happy birthday Emmy!!!!! Mitt would LOVE that kitchen too, she will too, if she doesn't already.

Mitt catches the bus at 8:15am, it's a BIT chilly then, like 60, and is only there half day, and I LOVE the play by plays, I HOPE they NEVER stop.

I can't believe our boys are SOOOOO big. ;)

And I LOVE the cake......I know I had a rainbow birthday somewhere in my history too!!!!

SayerFamily said...

Your kids are cute. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back in touch. I'm a loser and don't know how to blog well. I'm all about facebook. Tamara is in town visiting and is giving me hard time that I have not updated me blog since Christmas. How have you been?

erinmalia said...

i want to be there so badly! but the cake turned out perfectly. can you make one for me? i want it.

i love the wrapping on her bike. i love the classic emmy face in the first video.

and i'm sorry she had no presents from aunt-e. :( but the quiet books are done (!) so now i might have some time.

Meg said...

Super Cute!!!! Love the cake and will have to keep it in mind for Jack-o. We will need a bit of color the end of January.

Nicole said...

So fun!! I love the cake!! What a great idea. Looks like she had a great day!

raedene said...

Love, love, love the cake! How cute! You are one busy Mama! You do such a great job!