2014

2014

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Quote of the Week

It's been a long time, but here it is. . .

Background: Last week, or the week before(?), Miles came home and told me nonchalantly that someone at recess told him he was ugly. I told him the kid was not very nice to say that and that we don't talk like that and that that is very, very, very untrue, etc. When I asked what Miles did he replied, "I walked away." Good boy!

Today we were talking about it again because he told me he had said "hi" to the boy who had called him ugly and that the boy had said "hi" back. Then Miles said,

"He must have called me ugly because he could not see I was a handsome boy."

So. Very. True.

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

wow. such wisdom from a five-year-old. you could probably base an entire sacrament talk off that one sentence.

oh the joys of school!

Mindy said...

LOL. His mother has taught him well. What a cutie.