2014

2014

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Tooth Fairy. . .

is coming to our house tonite. I'm so excited.

We went to school today to pick up Miles and he showed me his loose tooth. This tooth was not at all loose yesterday - how else could he have eaten his entire apple? Also, there was no mention of it this morning either. But when I picked him up that tooth was loose. And I was all giddy about it. I don't know why, but it's just fun.

Miles didn't want to pull it out and insisted that I had to do it. But he didn't want it done yet. So I put him down for his "resting" time (short day on Wed = resting time after school). Of course he didn't sleep at all (as opposed to last week when he was out in 32 seconds flat). But I did take that time to whip up a little "tooth fairy" pillow. It's nothing too creative or nice, but Miles loved it.

Today is also the only day of the week they get to watch TV - a whopping 30 minutes. So he wanted me to wait until after the show. He told me he couldn't eat snack until after as well. So. . . after the show we got ready. I didn't really want to do it; I didn't know how ready it was either. But I did it and it hardly even took a tug on my part. Miles said, "ew." And that was that.

Timing really couldn't have been better for the kiddo. Miles and Jonas now get an allowance. Well Miles really wants this "dragonfly" toy that he saw with Ben on Monday, but he's about 1 dollar short of the $3.50 he needs. He's been trying to come up with ways all week to earn a little extra so he can buy it. He went on a "money hunt" this morning and found about 50 cents. He tried to convince Jonas to give him his money, etc. So I think Miles will LOVE the tooth fairy for the rest of his life.

Here's the cute and very excited boy - before the tooth is pulled.


And he's still just as excited and even cuter. :)


The "tooth pillow" or whatever you want to call it. And the still-smiling Miles.


And this is just so sweet. So Miles told me this evening he wanted to give a toy to Santa and so he was going to pick out something and have the Tooth Fairy take it to him. Okay. So he wrote this note, which says: "Take Tew [to] Santu [Santa] Klos (Clause)" with the appropriate arrow. Ha. What a sweetie.

What an exciting morning it will be. . .

8 comments:

Montrose Lewises said...

Alright, your kids are taking the cake for cute! I can't stand it :D LOVE Jonas' soccer pics and Miles giving a toy to Santa. TOO much :D. Adaiah gets super excited everytime she sees Emmy, ha :D

erinmalia said...

oh man, a tooth pillow was totally on my list of things to make for your kids, but now i'm too late. but yours looks great! can't wait for today's post...

i {heart} hawkes said...

exciting indeed!

rebecca said...

Love the tooth pillow. He's so young to have already lost a tooth! Exciting stuff. I love love love toothless smiles.

Melissa said...

What's the going rate for a tooth these days?

emily said...

we did $1. although "justice," a girl in miles' class, got $2. lucky for us miles was excited about his $1 - because he gave him the amount needed to buy his sought-after toy.

Niederfam said...

Ah.....LOVE the tooth pillow---and the cute note to bring Santa a toy too! How thoughtful! Jonas and his tongue playing soccer skills, didn't take too long, right?? AND, I really LOVE thos ABC cards.......As for the N, I'm no help!!! VERY CUTE though.

Nicole said...

what a cute kid! so fun! and i enjoy your pillow...nice work!