2014

2014

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Today *Updated with link

Wow. Today I took my kids for their booster H1N1 vaccines. Their first vaccine was the nasal-mist and that's what I assumed we'd get today. But they are all out of those and are only doing the shots. And, wow. All I am going to say about this incident is that if I were a nurse or one of the desk-ladies or anybody else within 1/2 mile radius who could hear/see the events of 2 certain boys unfold, I would have had SO MUCH PITY FOR THEIR MOTHER. But I wasn't any of those people - I was THEIR MOTHER. Oh My Gosh.

Then the kids were eating lunch and I heard sirens going off and saw 5 police cars go by. 5. So I thought something bad had happened of course. Then as we were walking Miles to school I saw all the commotion was a block or 2 from our home. I asked some "alternative school kids" what happened and they told me an airplane had crashed. Sure enough we saw a tiny airplane on the sidewalk and lots of hubbub. Supposedly the pilot (the only one in the plane) is OK and is a doctor and is at the hospital. Good news.

What a day. . . so far.

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

it must be in the air. my day has been awful. BLECH!

Meg said...

I don't know if you are going to be able to top that for excitment for awhile. Glad everyone was o.k. - in all situations - especially you!

Mindy said...

Airplane? That's crazy!

We had quite the show when we went to get our shots too. Cody wanted to go first, did fine. Colton had a short bout of crying. Corbin, who is 6 but more the size of an eight year old was hiding behind the stroller and would not let go. So with about 50 people watching I try and drag him flailing and screaming to the chair for a tiny prick. Ahhh, the life of a mother . . .