2014

2014

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of 2009.


(our 2009 holiday card)

What we were Grateful for in 2009:

Ben: Getting a garage (it came with our new house); getting a new “retro” bicycle to ride to work every morning; getting my old job back at the surgery center; having Mondays off of work; the grapevines in our backyard; that I actually finished reading a book or two

Emily: Having my sister, brother-in-law and nephew come out to visit; Emmy’s “boo” (like a blankie) - my saving grace; moving into our “new” 1905-built house – I love it; my early-morning runs; chocolate; having a playroom

Miles: “that we can grow plants to eat; going fishing; school, that we learn; animals because I love animals; we can eat when we need to; that our family can be together”

Jonas: “food; Heavenly Father; when somebody gives me a toy; our baby [meaning Emmy]; our backyard; playing with our ‘guesses’ [guests]”

Emmy: She was a little busy munching on her bran flakes to give me much of an answer. But here is what I would say for her: her (before-mentioned) boo; treats; gymnastics classes; tagging along everywhere with her big-brothers; treats (again)

Of course what we are most grateful for are the things that really matter. Like great family and friends. Like health and happiness. Like blessings bestowed and prayers answered. Like our faith and hope in our Savior, Jesus Christ. We love this time of year as it causes us to remember what is truly important and to be grateful for all those things.

We hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.

Love, the Maxwells

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm grateful for YOU and your beautiful family!