2014

2014

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentines

Well Miles has his little valentines exchange today at school. He is oh so excited; me too! I'm not going to his party, but I love this type of stuff - the stuff that makes school a little bit more fun than just academia. I had found a few cute ideas of valentines to make on familyfun.com and had Miles choose which one he wanted to make for his classmates. He chose a butterfly one. No surprise there.

As we were at Target getting the supplies to make them, I noticed all the "pre-made" valentines - fun dips, mini candy bars, nerds, etc. I told Miles he could get those instead. Nope, he wanted to make the butterflies.

So we worked on them together and had fun. They are all ready to be passed out today. :)



7 comments:

erinmalia said...

i'd totally want that valentine over mini-candy bar or nerds. maybe not over fundip, but it'd be close. what a cute boy!

courtney said...

man, that is dedication! back in the day, i was barely motivated enough to write "FROM: COURTNEY" on the back of my pre-made valentines. pure laziness on my part. go miles!

megan said...

I looked at all the cute ideas on family fun too, and had even considered having the boys make the butterflies, but I did wimp out and ended up getting the store bought ones. I love a good homemade valentine.

emily said...

well luckily we only had to make 15 - and that included his teacher and himself. :)

i {heart} hawkes said...

they look great! valentines is a fun at school holiday. did he get to make a box too? i remember those days.

raedene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raedene said...

Gosh, Em, you make me look bad! :) I was ELATED that all three of my school age kids could tear apart their own cards and write the names themselves! You rock.