2014

2014

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pine Wood Derby

Our ward had a fundraiser dinner and derby last Friday night. Anyone could make one and so I asked Ben to make a VW Bug one (just like his car). And, in my most humblest of wives' opinions, I think Ben rocked it. I loved how it turned out. And the bug didn't race too poorly either - nor too greatly. But it made it to the finish line, won our first 2 races - then it lost. It even fish-tailed some and that was pretty sweet.

Here are some pictures:
The derby bug. Yes, pasting pictures of our kids on our derbies is becoming a tradition, I guess.

Pretty great, I think!

Ben had to drill out a ton of the car to make weight. A ton. It's practically a shell now. But he did get it down to the necessary 5 ounces.

Miles got to take it up the first time to race. Jonas did the second time. That was sure a special and exciting thing for them to each do. They were really excited and proud about it.

There she goes! Vroooom.

Fun, fun, fun.

6 comments:

courtney said...

that is fantastic! if only all pinewood derby cars had so much character. so cool.

erinmalia said...

i am so impressed with that car! way to go ben. he's just so handy. :)

and love to see the kids wearing their shirts.

rebecca said...

That is awesome! I love it. Ben's VW Bug rivals David's Honda Odyssey minivan pinewood derby car of 2007. :)

emily said...

rebecca- i totally thought of your minivan the whole week we were working on it. :) perhaps you were the inspiration. :)

Niederfam said...

So cool!!! I'm in charge of activities, we just may do this too!!! ;)

Megan said...

That is TOTALLY COOL! I love it!