2014

2014

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fishing Derby #4

Out of the 5 springs we've been here, this is the 4th fishing derby we've attended here in town. We missed last year because we forgot to check when it was and by the time I did check, we had missed it.

This year was only disappointing in the fact that we caught nothing. Nothing. Weird. We've never gotten nothing at the derby. But oh well. The kids did surprising well; of course they were bummed, but definitely okay with it (perhaps because we told them we'd go fishing again on Monday). Each kid got a new fishing pole (we hadn't gotten a new one since the 1st derby), we fished, then the kids got their hot-dog lunch. It was good to be out, so a good morning was had.

Our fish-lovin' boy. He likes to catch them because he loves to play with them. Really.


I have no idea where this pose came from. Oh my, I laugh out loud every time I see it. Our girl indeed.

Another one showing a more "normal" fishing pose.

Jonas was just too cute while eating his hot dog. I don't know why, but he just was.

Love this boy. Turns out he loves a hot dog with some relish on it.

I think I posted more pictures of them eating than of us fishing (okay, same number). Oh well, we got hot dogs - we didn't get fish.

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

awesome. where will you go today?

courtney said...

i think i need a hot dog now - those look good! and i don't even like hot dogs. yum!

i {heart} hawkes said...

this outing looks perfect, even if you didn't get a fish. it will make the next trip that much more fun. cute cute kids!