2014

2014

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Swingin' Success

This is what we (ahem, mainly Ben) spent our time doing today. . . building a swing in our backyard:

Jonas got the maiden voyage ride. He was pretty pleased with that.


Miles flying high and loving it.


There you get the whole shot of the swing. We have about 10 trees on our property - but this is the only one that isn't on the perimeter. And, as you can see, there are no good horizontal branches and so we had to employ a beam. Ben has even taken a turn swinging - but I can't bear to watch.


Emmy likes it, too, of course.

And some videos of their first time on it:

video


video


video

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Oh! It's perfect! I seriously never have thought to add a beam to a tree. I bet your kids love it. And you're so lucky to have 10 trees! That's awesome.

erinmalia said...

looks awesome! nice job ben. but man, that painting of the swing is AMAZING. and the matching color of the rope?! perfect.

emily said...

hehe erin. i'm glad i got the different rope though, seriously. :)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

So fun! I want one!! I love your videos. You are doing cute edits! I want to know HOW?! You amaze me!

courtney said...

i love the swing photos! good work, ben!