2014

2014

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Teachers are the Best

So Jonas is lucky like Miles was and gets to have Miss Cindy come to our home twice a month for a little bit of "home preschooling." It's a great program and Miss Cindy is even better. To read a little bit more of it, go here for my post last year with Miles.

Anyways, today was our last official visit for this school year - luckily we get to do it again next year. But about an hour before she came I decided to make this adorable basket I had seen and marked at this blog. I had planned on cutting her some flowers and putting it in a mason jar; the boys had both drawn pictures for cards. But then I remembered the basket and thought that would be perfect for our bounteous lilacs growing in our backyard.

It was really hard for the boys to actually weave their baskets - I pretty much did it all. But I love them. Here are some pictures (not my favorite of Jonas, but oh well. He can't always be picture-perfect. Just about, but not always.)

Do you like his trimming scissors?


Isn't it pretty cute? And the smell? Simply heavenly.

4 comments:

erinmalia said...

it's still pretty cute. we have lilacs on the corner of our house and i love having the door open so the smells wafts in! yum!

oh man, my word is "unably." as in, your kids "unably" made the basket. ha.

Niederfam said...

cute and i can smell it from here, heavenly indeed!!!

Mindy said...

yes, very cute. and I think the picture of Jonas is perfect too.

i {heart} hawkes said...

so springy with the flowers and shorts. it's stinkin cold here, last night 30 degrees. your lilacs are lovley.