2014

2014

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Miscellaneous Little Things

Here are a few of the little things we've been doing around the home:

We bought these ABCs awhile ago and hung them up in the playroom. But seeing as we 1. didn't want holes thru each card and 2. didn't want 26 tiny holes in our wall, we hung them up with that blue sticky stuff. But it didn't stick very well and everyday a new letter would have fallen down. Then I came across this picture: http://lets-explore.net/blog/2010/05/pack-clean-repeat/ and thought "perfect." Now, I have no idea how they got theirs to hang straight. But we think ours has that "homespun" look to it. :)


Here are a few of the May arts produced in the home, at school, and even at church. Some Mothers' Day things, "Seraut" inspired paintings, etc.


And today I found these flowers on clearance. I hope they are not too old to still suck up water. I hope it works since I've been telling the kids about colored-flowers for a long time!

7 comments:

erinmalia said...

yeah, looking at it now, i almost wonder if she actually pinned each one in to the wall rather than just hang them. they look cute though! i'll have to think about how i can do it in our playroom.

Mindy said...

I like the cards! And I can't wait to see if your flowers work! I haven't seen that since I was a kid. Fun idea!

courtney said...

you guys are so stinking crafty - i love it! another good blog to check out (if you haven't already heard) is www.knock-offwood.blogspot.com

LOVE it. i think you will too. :)

megan said...

We've tried the white carnation thing a few times but have never had very good luck. I hope yours works better. It does make for a fun table display at least!

Niederfam said...

Oh I HOPE the flowers work, I'm dying to see the final product!!! As I LIKE the "homespun" look, it's SOOO cute. Great idea!!!

CRAFTY indeed!!!

i {heart} hawkes said...

i too can't wait to see how the flowers turn out. we used to do this with celery. everything looks great!

raedene said...

Can I come live at your house? It looks like so much fun!!! :)