2014

2014

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week Who-Knows?


Well obviously this is my fourth pregnancy as I do not know what week I am at, exactly. I know I am somewhere between 28-31. If I really thought about it I could figure it out because I know I did my glucose testing at 28 weeks - but I can't really remember if that was one or two weeks ago. Probably just 1 week?

But I do know that I didn't really even want to post these pictures, but I had committed myself to documenting my pregnancy with pictures a little more. But I am totally more self-conscious than I have ever been about the size of my belly. Not because I'm any bigger than any other pregnancy - cuz I don't really think I am. But I think it all relates to looking at past pictures and seeing me at just about 9 months pregnant with Emmy. I get HUGE. GINORMOUS. Not all of me, luckily. But my belly, whoa. My face gets softer and rounder, too, but that doesn't bother me so much. I just wish I had a few more inches for my babes to stretch up and down, not out and out. I'm so self-conscious about it that I only tell people that I am due in August or "in 2 months" (which I've been saying for about a week or 2). It's not totally true seeing as I am officially due on August 23rd. But all my other babes have come 7-10 days early, so it might be somewhat closer to the truth.

Anyways, I guess I was just hoping for some kind of miracle with this pregnancy - as in I wouldn't poke out so much.

But when you are 4 feet and 10 inches tall (I used to say 4'11, but my true measurement is thus that I must round down), perhaps that is too great of a miracle to ask for?

(At least that's my excuse. I won't even dare blame this belly on all those delicious chocolate chips I've had. . .)

7 comments:

erinmalia said...

of course i know exactly how you feel. it is miserable being short and pregnant. you look great, but i know that's of no consolatino.

courtney said...

you look great! if it makes you feel better, i am taller than you and still get REALLY big towards the end. really big. a girl in my ward even confirmed that the other day when we were chatting about my pregnancy with ada. :) nice.

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh, you really are a darling pregnant mama!!! I'm not kidding, I said "awwww!" out loud while reading this post. :) And, I just love your blog. I really do. Your kids are so dang cute and I love reading all about it. Have a great day! xoxo

Niederfam said...

I echo the comments, you really do look FANTASTIC. So cute, but I know how you feel. It's just "pregnancy" and THANKFULLY we aren't ALWAYS pregnant but at about this stage, you FEEL like you've always been pregnant! HANG IN THERE.

Nicole said...

Hey at 4 10 you look great at this point! I wonder what grandma galbraith looked like pregnant. That would be fun to see a picture of! Maybe you'd feel better?? Who knows!!

rebecca said...

There is noting cuter than a pregnant mommy. You look great.

Meg said...

You are too funny. You don't look abnormal at all for this stage of pregnancy. I can rightfully say that since I just saw you. Believe me, I wasn't thinking, "Wow, I know Emily's pregnant, but that belly of hers is SOOO huge that it doesn't look normal." Nope, didn't think that. I think you look so cute and NORMAL with your present condition and contrary to any amount of convincing you won't look abnormally huge at 9 months either so stop saying otherwise in your head right now!