2014

2014

Monday, July 26, 2010

36

So technically I am due in 4 weeks. But I did something today I have never done, nor frankly thought I would ever do - scheduled an inducement in 3 weeks. Crazy. I have always liked the idea of letting your body do it naturally. But sometimes nature gets faulty and babies are born way too early, or too late, or too fast. Right??

My labors have gotten quicker and quicker - and that makes it very intense and very panicky for me. I have many reasons (excuses?) for wanting to be induced: 1. control it more, 2. slow it down more (Emmy came fast enough that she required oxygen for a few days since her lungs weren't cleared adequately), 3. receive antibiotics if necessary (I have been group B+ for my last 2 pregnancies but I haven't had time to get the antibiotics in before the babes come out), and 4. get an epidural.

Oh how I want an epidural. Miles' birth was so nice as I had an epidural. Jonas' and Emmy's were pretty intense - intense meaning I wanted to die. Yes, apparently I don't handle birth quite as chill as some people! So I think an epidural would be delightful.

I have gone 10, 7, and 7 days early for all my births, so I'm not really trying to get it here sooner. Though knowing that I do not have more than 3 weeks left is pretty much heavenly. Let's just hope I don't go earlier than 7 days!

This pregnancy has been interesting. I am obviously more busy with life and so I don't spend too much time thinking about my growing babe. I'm totally excited to meet her, though. And secretly (well not so secretly I guess!) I hope she looks like Miles. Emmy looked just like Jonas as a babe. I would love another round-faced, curly head girl (although Miles' curls didn't show up for 2 years. My kids are pretty much bald for the first year or two of their lives anyways). My sciatica is acting up now, but has been less than my other pregnancies. Towards evening time I cry out a lot of "Ouch!" But my sciatica is acute as opposed to chronic so that is great.

The craziest thing about this pregnancy is my carpel tunnel. I have suffered from carpel tunnel with each of my pregnancies - each one getting worse and worse. Except this one. I have not experienced it at all. At all. It's crazy and I don't know why! But I love that.

Anyways, cheers to 3 weeks until we meet the newest little babe!

8 comments:

erinmalia said...

you have to do what's right for you and what you think is right for the baby. sounds like you're doing just that. good job. and three weeks? you haven't even told me what gift you'd like for the newest little one.

rebecca said...

Hey! I've been in that bathroom! I know exactly where you took that picture!

You look great! I hope you get your epidural.

Nicole said...

Good for you! Way to take some action :)

I'm not one of those people who goes really fast, but if I did I would definitely make that call too! I can't imagine not having an epidural!!

I can't believe baby is almost here! Wow, it flew by for me too :)

Niederfam said...

I'm a BIG fan of epidurals, and the first TWO were induced for me as well, one week "early." So I'm all for it, and it sounds to me like you have thought through every aspect, your body, your baby, why not ENJOY the process a little bit more......;) GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

AH.........3 weeks, that is CraZy!!!! And my first and third look identical really, other than different genders of course!!!! But I'm not willing to see if my 2nd and 4th will??? It's a theory I'll just have to keep a THEORY as I'm sure our little "princess" is the FINAL installment.

GOOD LUCK. Can't wait to see the cute little GIRL!!!!!

Melissa said...

Good Luck. Yea for inductions!

courtney said...

you look great! and three weeks is totally do-able (that statement is obviously coming from a not-pregnant lady!) i love that you know exactly what day because, for me, the worst part about the end is just walking around like a ticking time bomb.

i just can't wait to see some pictures of her!

i {heart} hawkes said...

exciting times ahead, i can't wait to see the post on your new little one. you are a supermom!

Meg said...

Your continuing to look great. Can't wait to see what she looks like. I LOVED being induced but loved going on my own as well. If ya want the epidural induction is the way to go.
Fun times ahead!