2014

2014

Sunday, July 18, 2010

One of my BYU freshman & sophomore roommates stopped over with her family on their way to a family reunion. We hadn't seen each other in 11 years - since her wedding reception - and so it was a lot of fun to see each other again. Of course we both have blogs and so it didn't seem like 11 years; I still felt like I knew Rebecca and even knew her children, who I have never met. Her husband Dave came too, of course. Dave was what we called, ahem, our "5th roommate." There were some late nights that he'd be over at our apartment. But he was such a great guy and so good to Rebecca that I didn't mind. Dave is still a great guy and still so good to Rebecca. They are a great couple and have a wonderful, wonderful family!

Oh, and that family of hers consists of 5 (five!) children. All cuties. Here are our kids right before church: Matthew, Jonas, Miles, Larkin, Nathan, Kylie, Madeline, and Emmy. Our kids just loved, loved, loved having "friends" over. I love how they are friends before they even meet. We had told our kids about them coming and they asked all day long, "When will our friends be here????" It's so sweet and innocent of these children.

I really liked this picture, too. Children are, indeed, so beautiful.

Here we are: Rebecca and Emily. Beautiful, Tall and Skinny (as my boys both told me within 5 minutes of her being here!) and Short and Fat. :) Ben tells me that my face is not really as round as it looks in this photo. I hope not. I'm sure it's rounder than norm, but seriously. I should have worn my hair down. (Hmmm, I'm not vain am I? To spend a whole paragraph about my round face?)

Anyways. . . it's always fun to see your friends as parents. And it's always fun to share your home with friends - to see them eat at your table, bath in your tub, and sleep all over. :) Truly delightful.

Hopefully it won't take us another 11 years to get together again. I'm really hoping to visit them next year at their home. . . :)

6 comments:

megan said...

Yes! Come and we'll put 13 kids all up there together.
What a fun reunion for you guys!
And I don't think your face looks that round, for what it's worth.

erinmalia said...

i agree with megan; i was expecting much rounder. i'm sure it's just the contrast with rebecca. seriously, eight kids?! that's nuts.

Debbie said...

Fun! I wish my house was on the way to somewhere so we could have visitors - unfortunately, Iowa is NOT on the way to ANYWHERE. :)

Looks like lots of fun! You all look great! I can't believe it's been 11 years - I miss you guys!

courtney said...

what a fun weekend! rebecca looks very familiar to me - - did she live with you at the old homestead?

rebecca said...

Yes! Come visit us, please! I love the side view picture you have of the kids. Please send me copies of some of your faves. I'll send you pics too, once I get out from under the pile of laundry in my living room. :) I have a great one of you and me and the 13(?) inches between us. :) Thank you for being wonderful hosts! My kids loved playing with your kids and I loved meeting them and Ben, finally. I love you and your family! Please, please come stay with us next year, or any year!

Niederfam said...

So fun to SEE old friends and watch your friends as mommies too!!! l I LOVE it. Darling families and CUTE CUTE kids, ALL of them!!!