2014

2014

Friday, August 06, 2010

Bonbons

So I would have liked to sit back and eat bonbons during my time alone, but that wouldn't be worth much would it?

So I did bunches of other stuff. Like tons and tons of cleaning - which has already been forgotten and seemingly worthless as my kids are back to being. . . kids. Sigh. But it was so nice to have a clean home. . . while it lasted. I did about 7-8 loads of laundry. Changed out sheets (finally) in the kids' rooms. Cleaned out and cleaned up our (lame) fridge. Painted an end-table. Sewed a little tie and crinkly blanket for a newbie in the ward. Grocery shopped. Ran errands.

And for some fun stuff: talked to family and friends. Went over to a friend's house and watched a movie. Read. Napped. Enjoyed peace and quiet. Took Scout on walks. Slept in until 7 each morning. It was really divine.

I was also able to start and just about finish a project I've wanted to do for quite a while. See, my boys get up and they are not suppose to come out of their rooms until 7am. When they do come out they are dressed and beds are made. It's really great. Except that they dress themselves goofy quite a bit. Silly clothes. Unmatching. But what really drives me crazy is Miles wearing clothes that don't fit it - halter-tops just don't look good on people, really. And I can't get rid of those shirts b/c they fit Jonas just fine. The boys also tend to wear the same clothing 2-3 days in a row. And my boys are not neat and clean boys. :) I thought this could be a problem, especially come school-time when we need to be dressed, appropriately, by 7:45. I didn't want to battle Miles about his clothes when I'll probably be stressed enough getting 4 (4!) kids ready and out the door by then (thank goodness my folks will be here the first week of school!). Anyways, to make a short story even longer, I saw this "clothesline" a couple of months ago on familyfun.com and loved it. So I painted it in our boys' closet (which has no door) and think it's practically perfect. So the night before I'll "hang up" the boys' clothes and then *hopefully* we won't have battles in the morning. So far the boys love it - and I'll try to include them as much as possible in the picking out of their clothes.

p.s. I think it looks better in person. But whatever. :)

8 comments:

La Ron said...

We have a lot in common. John took the kids camping this week and I stayed home. I got so many projects done. Hayden is the same way he loves to wear clothes that are too small on him. He has 18 months PJ's that he still tries to wear. Sounds like you had a fun staycation and got a lot done. Love the clothes line idea. I might have to steal that for Hayden.

erinmalia said...

well i think you should have eaten bonbons, at least a couple.

i {heart} hawkes said...

super creative. ingenious in fact, i'm not kidding, i love the idea!

Nicole said...

That is so daling! I love it! Molly is into dresses right now...she has to wear one every day. And a night gown. Geez. Maybe she would go for something else if I made something cute like this??!!

Glad you've enjoyed some bonbon time!! Or not really ;)

raedene said...

Love, love, LOVE the clothesline! It's adorable!
I want a vacation without mom, too... How divine! Ben needs to put a bug in Jeremy's ear. :)
P.S. I don't think a 38-weeker could look any cuter. Seriously. Pass some of that around!

Niederfam said...

SUPER great idea.....LOVE LOVE it. Win win!!!!

rebecca said...

Love the clothesline idea! So cute. I'm with you - no time for bon-bons when the house is empty! Once a month this summer David has taken the kids to his parents' house to leave me for 3-4 hours alone at home so I can CLEAN! It's kind of sad how much I look forward to those few hours. My last cleaning frenzy of the summer in in two days and I can't WAIT!

Meg said...

LOVE IT!!! Super cute!