2014

2014

Friday, October 15, 2010

2 months already




So I lied about my post title. But it's still just as uncreative. Anyhow, Lucy is 2 months today. 2 months. That's 1/6th of the way to becoming one. Whoa.

So what's new with Lucy? Not too much really. She does get more and more adorable with each and every day. I'm not joking. Her round-face is so yummy. Every so often she flashes the sweetest little smiles. Just today she was making faces at me by raising just one of her eyebrows - a trait she must have inherited from her Grandpa G. She doesn't mind bath-time. She doesn't mind tummy-time. She watches her siblings like a hawk.

She hates her crib in the day-time. Loves it at night-time. While I should count my blessings (for I am so lucky she sleeps there at night!), she drives me CrAzY during the day. She sleeps wonderful in my sling - and so when we go places and she's cozied next to me in the sling, she's awesome. But at home and in her crib - she's awful. She'll maybe nap 20-30 minutes (max) and then cry out. And it's not that she's done napping because as soon as she's picked up, she's back to sleeping. I can't accomplish much at all during the day. She's not so newbie anymore that she'll just sleep right along with whatever I am doing at the moment either. So it's a little tough. Sometimes she just has to cry in her crib because I can't cut up dinner holding her, I can't read books to my other children while she's screaming, etc. I think she'll survive. I hope I'll survive. It's not that bad, really, I guess. But slightly annoying, in a cute baby way.

Like I mentioned in my other post, my house is in a state of constant clutter. CHAOS. Ugh. It just drives me wild having "things" all. over. the. house. I'm cringing right now as I write this. That's the one thing I have not been able to keep up with since Lucy - an orderly home. I know a clean home isn't oh-so-important in the scheme of things, but it sure does make me happier. I've got to come up with a better system. And too bad it's not Miles making all the messes (since he's away at school all day) because Miles can clean awesomely. Emmy? Well she's not so good. Jonas? He's okay once he stops whining.

Anyways. . . back to Lucy and the crib. Awful in the day, great at night. She'll go usually about 4 hours during the night (sometimes 5 - but rarely)! Amazing, I think. And I even got her to go to bed around 7:30 or 8. I had to do the whole cry-it-out approach. Some people hate this, others love it. I hate and love it. It is so, so, so, so hard to do (especially with your "baby baby"), but so, so, so, so worth it - for both mom and babe. The first nite Lucy screamed/cried on and off for about an hour. I felt sick. The second nite? 20 minutes. The third nite? 5. The 4th? 0. We'll see if it continues, but I'm loving it.

Lucy coos and goos too. (How's that for "o"s?) It's about the sweetest sound on the planet. She grunts excessively as she poohs. Sorry, but it's true. It's also a little embarrassing. Loud grunts. It's nuts. But also pretty cute. Yes, mothers are endeared to weird little quirks their children have.

And that's about that.

I Love Lucy.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute! Wow, time goes fast, doesn't it?! Glad she is sleeping for you. I hate it when they cry too, but like you said, in the end it's better for everyone!!

erinmalia said...

oh how sweet is she? i want to meet her!

courtney said...

oh, she does have a cute round face. my kids have all been great night sleepers too - but during the day, not so good. it is hard. i can also relate to needing some order in my house in order for my brain to function properly. when clutter lives on my counter tops it also lives in my brain. i have trouble keeping up with it all with 2 - - you must be doing something right to handle 4!!