2014

2014

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

She's a Big Girl Now. . .

Giving rice cereal to Lucy for her first time was, indeed, a family affair. Not only our whole family, but also Grandpa Max and Grandma Diana were there, too. I think Lucy was pretty interested in what was going on with all the excitement around her.


Huh, not too bad. She didn't balk.


Of course she wanted to feed herself and hold the spoon. Of course.


Yum. (Wow do I look serious about it.)


Still letting me feed her mush.


Not bad, not bad at all.

(This was last Saturday. Today is Tuesday. Day 3 of food. We've added sweet potatoes to the rice cereal and it goes over pretty well. Messy, but well. There are 2 downsides to introducing solids to babes. 1. Time. Now not only do I get to nurse her, I also get to serve her food (Which one takes more time? Feeding her food. Blech. And I still nurse her just as much. . . But I know this is how it starts and in time she'll feed more and nurse less. And I'll be sad. And a little happy. But just a little. . . ) 2. No more breastmilk-poop. Oh boohoo. Today I changed her first poop since starting to feed her and yuck. I totally remember this. It stinks. Literally.)

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

nice pics. why didn't you do this in midway, HUH?! :)

i {heart} hawkes said...

those pics are adorable! i like the last one the best.

Nicole said...

Wow, pretty good! No frowns is very impressive! So cute and getting so big!

Niederfam said...

So cute and YES, looks like she is SOLD on it.....;)

courtney said...

she is SO CUTE! and i put off feeding ada baby food for much longer than i should have just because i loathe the nursing PLUS feeding baby food stage. so much time consumed in getting food in their mouths. this is the part where i remind myself to be grateful to have a sweet baby to feed!

and really, she is such a cutie.